Thread: Traxxas SRT

RC poster

Traxxas SRT

Hi new here hopefully I can get a answer my son was outside playing he come back in the house with a what what a srt😲😲😲 u can tell it's been sitting out out in the weather so iv put new ecs and motor and its driving now to my question anyone know what trans dust cover iv done my research but I'm not positive I no that the suspension of the srt is the same as the slash or rustler dont no which so back to the question will the trans cover of one of the 2 cars fit my srt trans

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Srt View Post
    Hi new here hopefully I can get a answer my son was outside playing he come back in the house with a what what a srt😲😲😲 u can tell it's been sitting out out in the weather so iv put new ecs and motor and its driving now to my question anyone know what trans dust cover iv done my research but I'm not positive I no that the suspension of the srt is the same as the slash or rustler dont no which so back to the question will the trans cover of one of the 2 cars fit my srt trans
    It is the same as the Rustler/Stampede. They both use the magnum 272 transmission the the Rustler one is watered down

The SRT suspension setup has more uncommon with the Nitro Rustler. Also the SRT can share parts with the rustler/slash as in the internal transmission parts but the dust cover is different. The part number for the SRT transmission dust cover is TRA1987
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC poster
    Great truck, was still competitive in Stadium Truck racing around me well into the 2000's. If off road near me had not become black carpet or blue groove clay where mid engine took over it probably still would be.

Hey Traxxas, how about a new version

I highly doubt we’ll see a new SRT. Just enjoy the one you have and protect the parts that aren’t easy too find.

RC poster
    You can always build a Factory works SRT-R out of his kit and a rustler to get close, not an SRT but close in spirit, look and performance for all but the most serious of racers.

I know but I don’t need too. I have 2 SRTs with spares. But sadly factory works still doesn’t have that feel of a legit SRT.

RC poster
    Quit hoarding them all

Quote Originally Posted by RCMaverick View Post
    Quit hoarding them all
    never!!!!!

I have a new in box SRT that I'm hording!!! On top of that, I built a new one from spare parts I was able to round up from various sources. The only part I was not able to source is the rear shock tower. That is the unicorn part on these cars!
    "RED"