RC poster

Ez Peak won’t recognize my battery

I have a Traxxas Ez-Peak Plus charger (part #2970) and my main battery is a Traxxas 2 cell 5800MAH ID LiPo. When I plug the battery into the charger it doesn’t do anything except have the lights on the charger go up and down. Doesn’t give me any option to select the charge type. What can I do about this?
    Thanks

RC Racer
    Try putting the charger in advanced mode ? Hold down charge rate button and start button till the lights change and or you hear a audible sound/jingle (not all of them make the sound..)

Its possible you have a counterfit battery and or the ID part of the battery is no longer functional and the charger sees it as a non trax battery, Advanced mode may work.

How old is the battery? Where did you buy it? Can you take it back?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TraverseCityMi View Post
    Try putting the charger in advanced mode ? Hold down charge rate button and start button till the lights change and or you hear a audible sound/jingle (not all of them make the sound..)

Its possible you have a counterfit battery and or the ID part of the battery is no longer functional and the charger sees it as a non trax battery, Advanced mode may work.

How old is the battery? Where did you buy it? Can you take it back?
    I tried putting the charger in advanced mode, didn’t do anything. The lights just kept going up from the bottom light. The battery is no older than 2 years, got it as a gift so I don’t remember where it was from.
    What’s weird is it always worked until today.

RC Racer
    Got another charger you can try? They do go bad as well, I had one arrive DOA from amazon.

I've had my 2 traxxas chargers both act wonky when it comes to batterys refusing to charge a known good battery till I unplugged and plugged the charger its self back into the outlet and then re plugged in the battery.

If you have a multimeter you can check the battery's voltage and see if its still within acceptable ranges of something like 3.2 - 4.7? dbl check the numbers but you get the idea.

RC poster
    Plugged a NiMh I had into it, worked fine for that. Just doesn’t work for LiPo.

RC Racer
    Don't work for ANY lipo or just that one specific lipo?

If its not charging ANY lipos its prolly the charger.

If you only have 1 lipo to test, do you have a hobby shop you can take it up there and ask them to test one of there lipos on it?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TraverseCityMi View Post
    Don't work for ANY lipo or just that one specific lipo?

If its not charging ANY lipos its prolly the charger.

If you only have 1 lipo to test, do you have a hobby shop you can take it up there and ask them to test one of there lipos on it?
    My only one, I will try to bring it to a shop. Thanks for your help!

RC Racer
    yw Wish I could have done more to help Good luck I hope ya get it all figured out!

RC Qualifier
    Check with a multimeter as said. You should see anywhere from 3.0-4.2vdc per cell. With 3.0vdc per cell, being as low as the batts should go. If the voltage is lower than that then your battery is most likely bad!! That or possibly your balance plug has a bad wire. But checking it with a multimeter is the best way to know whether the battery is the actual issue. Hope this helps and hope you get it resolved!