RC poster

Recalibrate the TSM?

I have my tsm all the way up... and driving in my parking lot. The car immediately starts to fishtail back and forth until it loses control. Its a brand new slash 4x4 ultimate and ive never crashed it or drove it anywhere other than the parking lot. Ive only driven it 6 times. The first 5, it has been a dream... compensating for my over and under steering. But this sixth time... something seems off... and I can tell it is not steering like it used to.

To troubleshoot, I have removed the wheels and made sure everything was clean, and nothing bent or broken (which seemed silly to me since I have been very careful driving it)... which leads me to think that the TSM is the culprit...

Is it possible to recalibrate the TSM or do I have to replace the transmitter? Thanks for your expert advice, my local hobby shop was stumped and said "ive never seen that before".

RC Racer
    You can customize the TSM with the Bluetooth module but I'm not sure if you can "reset" the TSM just thru the menu on the transmitter.

Have you tried turning it down? I feel like anything above 50% gets squirrelly on me.

Quote Originally Posted by threedo View Post
    I have my tsm all the way up... and driving in my parking lot. The car immediately starts to fishtail back and forth until it loses control. Its a brand new slash 4x4 ultimate and ive never crashed it or drove it anywhere other than the parking lot. Ive only driven it 6 times. The first 5, it has been a dream... compensating for my over and under steering. But this sixth time... something seems off... and I can tell it is not steering like it used to.

To troubleshoot, I have removed the wheels and made sure everything was clean, and nothing bent or broken (which seemed silly to me since I have been very careful driving it)... which leads me to think that the TSM is the culprit...

Is it possible to recalibrate the TSM or do I have to replace the transmitter? Thanks for your expert advice, my local hobby shop was stumped and said "ive never seen that before".
    25 percent on pavement, no more than 50 on dirt. works well for me.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I actually run mine @ like 5%. anything more and it is overbearing and wont let me drive the way I want it to

RC Racer
    Took mine out this morning turned it all the way to 100%, TOTALLY FISHTAILS.... Turned it down to 50 drives in a perfect line.

Quote Originally Posted by threedo View Post

Welcome to the forum and the addiction! You are among a group of people who share the love of the Traxxas Slash 4x4! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Remember we are here to help!

I never have mine turned up more than 25%. All the way up is way too much and the truck gets very squirrelly.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!