RC poster

Best battery for Rustler VXL

Hello all,
    I have a Rustler VXL and I had a 5800MAH battery that is done. Can anyone give me some advice for a good Lipo battery that I can charge with my ez peak plus

RC Qualifier
    Look at SMC batteries. Good prices and great batteries too! Here is one that I am pretty sure will fit the rustler.
    Just make sure to check the dimensions before you buy.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    Look at SMC batteries. Good prices and great batteries too! Here is one that I am pretty sure will fit the rustler.
    Just make sure to check the dimensions before you buy.
    Thank you, if I was to stick with Traxxas batteries, what size should I look for?5800MAH?

RC Qualifier
    If you are going to get Traxxas batteries, there is a chart that will help you choose which battery will fit the rustler. JMHO, but Id go with the ones I listed. But that is just me.

RC poster
    HI , i just bought this truck )Rustler 4x4 vxl( and was stuck my buddy told me bout the site you screen capped but i want to get the "largest" Mah possible , i was stuck not knowing if that 139 mm would fit the guy at the hobby shop told me 135 mm batt's only , but your saying this fits ? you know for certain ?

So by teh specs of the 5400 battery i could get teh 7000 mah battery , that would fit same size ? thanks in advance gonna have a happy kid when we go to the river bottom and toss all that sand around!

If you go with the traxxas batteries you need to get the 4000mah one. The others will not fit unless you cut out that plastic piece under the esc
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    You can always get the battery expansion kit 3725x that raises the ESC mount plate and front posts, I run up to the 42mm tall 2857x.

I have the traxxas 5800mah 2s in mine and it fits fine. Also with the vxl by the time you get close to the lvc on something like a 5800 you should taking a break for cooldown anyways. Vxl runs kinda hot.

Also those SMC batteries are leaps and bounds better than traxxas and you can order them with the old style traxxas plug which does work with the ID plug on the vxl esc.
    Last edited by PJbottoms; 04-15-2019 at 11:21 PM.