RC Qualifier

2.8" MT tires on Slash

I'd like to put 2.8" ProLine Trenchers on my Slash 2wd VXL. Does anything have to be changed or do I just put the tires on? There are a couple different pre-mounted 2.8" Trenchers available. Which ones are the correct ones? I'd like to be able to rotate the front and rear tires, if possible. Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    They will be very wide for at slash this width is for a stampede you are better off with 1.9 inch you will also make your truck sluggish

RC Racer
    Get 4x front wheels so you can rotate them plus the extra width helps, will need extended body mounts, monster fusion body or chop the guards heaps.

Best upgrade for 2wd slash but also recommend alloy rear hexes and watch motor temps may need a smaller pinion...

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    This is what I am planning to do with mine as well. The reviews I read and watched many videos and it seems many people love this set up.

Iíd also suggest the RPM offset compensating front a arms so you can run all of the same offset wheels so you can rotate them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by hammie4c View Post
    Iíd also suggest the RPM offset compensating front a arms so you can run all of the same offset wheels so you can rotate them.

Or run stampede/rustler arms with front rpm wide arm

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    Get 4x front wheels so you can rotate them plus the extra width helps, will need extended body mounts, monster fusion body or chop the guards heaps.

Best upgrade for 2wd slash but also recommend alloy rear hexes and watch motor temps may need a smaller pinion...

What he said.
    You need 1/2 offset wheels.

You can see the difference on this picture, rear wheels with 1/2 offset and front are without offset.

RC Racer
    So weird this popped up, I took the badlands 2.8" off my stampede yesterday morning cause of the inches of snow we got and thought they would be great on the slash since its faster then my stampede which is weird but another subject.. anyway I happened to have the 1/2" offset so the wheels fit perfect and I just HAPPEN to have a body mount kit already installed on the slash with a new bumblebee yellow and black camaro body It looks so weird with monster truck tires but Its a lot of fun..

I did notice tho it drained the living crap out of my 5000mah battery in no time, Thick snow + faster speeds = there went that battery, lasted less then 1/2 the time it would in the stampede.

A lot of fun tho think imma put some clothes on and go see how she does with another non trax battery.

Merry xmas everyone i'll try and get a pic up of my slash real quick too.

It does rub a little on the back tires at times, I'm waiting on a 2nd body mount kit I cut the first one too short thinking I was gonna use it on the stampede instead :\

New body is being glued up and drywall taped atm pics of that some other time, think transformers new camaro..

RC Racer
    Looks narrow in the rear, stock stampede/rustlers use different offset wheels front wide, rear narrow...

Easy fix: fit stampede rear arms n camber links plus check driveshaft length

RC poster
    I also read that you can use the rear wheels for a nitro slash on both the front and rear as they will have the correct offset and wont rub on the a-arms. Not sure how accurate that is.

RC Racer
    I think rear nitro and electric front are same offset. Nitro run bearing front

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    I think rear nitro and electric front are same offset. Nitro run bearing front

Correct. I hate when some manufacturers donít have info about offset..

RC Racer
    So on my slash I have the 1/2 inch offset on the front and no offset on the rear, It will still rub the top tie rods on the stampede vxl, Not sure if it does on the slash I haven't checked the links for a grove cut out yet, On the rear the 0 offset work fine theres no rubbing and no clearance issues with any of the suspension parts, just the body issue.

Mistakes were made when I bought the set of tires I didn't quite understand what offset was and the LHS didn't bother saying much more then it will fit don't worry bout it..

RC Enthusiast
    i wish people would use part numbers - I spent an hour on my phone searching and searching the net trying to figure out which 2.8 setup to buy for my sons Slash 4x4 standing in the hobby store. I ended up with 1170-13. With the proline raised body mounts they wheels fit however i dd notice that the front plastic tie rod ends do have some grooves in them now... so im thinking i need front ones with a slightly larger offset. Guess ill put these front on my other slash and then get larger offsets for the fronts of each.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by pur pony View Post
    i wish people would use part numbers - I spent an hour on my phone searching and searching the net trying to figure out which 2.8 setup to buy for my sons Slash 4x4 standing in the hobby store. I ended up with 1170-13. With the proline raised body mounts they wheels fit however i dd notice that the front plastic tie rod ends do have some grooves in them now... so im thinking i need front ones with a slightly larger offset. Guess ill put these front on my other slash and then get larger offsets for the fronts of each.

You'll need 1/2 inch offset on the front like mine above, you could do 1/2 inch all around..

Also you may want to gear down a little smaller pinion at least the new tires are bigger and heavier and are going to stress the motor a little more, I didn't get to run mine very long thanks to a broken axel stub so I can't say how high the temps will get with stock gearing just keep an eye on your motor / esc temps.

RC Enthusiast
    Hey alaxsasax that’s awesome I’m doin the same build ,do your rember the part # for the 2.8 trenchers ( front and back) I just want to make sure I buy the rights ones .

RC Qualifier

2.8" MT tires on Slash

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1975 View Post
    Hey alaxsasax thatís awesome Iím doin the same build ,do your rember the part # for the 2.8 trenchers ( front and back) I just want to make sure I buy the rights ones .
    Thanks!
    I donít have those tires anymore because they were without offset. Iím pretty sure that you need this ones
    https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/...nted-front.asp