Thread: Finally here...

RC Competitor

Finally here...

Well it came in today. Time to rip it out of the box and see how I like it!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It will be a blast!

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Qualifier
    Just make sure you check everything over before you take it out to run it. All the grub screws, wheel hexes and such. It will keep you from having a bad day.

RC Racer
    If it turns out that you donít like it you can always send it my way hahaha.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by vans5oh View Post
    If it turns out that you donít like it you can always send it my way hahaha.
    I'll keep that in mind lol.

I took it out for a bit this evening and its gonna take some time to get used to lol. It's hard to keep it from doin wheelies all the time. Has alot of power on 6s. I'm used to my slash.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mills79 View Post
    I'll keep that in mind lol.

I took it out for a bit this evening and its gonna take some time to get used to lol. It's hard to keep it from doin wheelies all the time. Has alot of power on 6s. I'm used to my slash.

The thing is a wheelie monster on 6s. You could change the center diff oil to something thinner. The center diff is filled with 20 million weight oil from the factory. If you go thinner, as the front wheels lift up power will be sent to them instead of the rear keeping the front end down.

RC Competitor
    The thing is a wheelie monster on 6s. You could change the center diff oil to something thinner. The center diff is filled with 20 million weight oil from the factory. If you go thinner, as the front wheels lift up power will be sent to them instead of the rear keeping the front end down.
    Good to know. Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    Do this if you have not already and then install a wheelie bar:

Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Qualifier
    Enjoy, it’s a beast!!!

RC Racer
    20 million stock yikes, Everyone on here seems to rec 500k, seems like a drastic drop but if its gonna stop wheelies I gotta try it.
    Last edited by TraverseCityMi; 12-27-2018 at 08:59 AM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TraverseCityMi View Post
    20 million stock yikes, Everyone on here seems to rec 500k, seems like a drastic drop but if its gonna stop wheelies I gotta try it.
    Keep in mind that when you go to a thinner oil in the center diff along with keeping the front wheels down it will also hurt your crawling ability. So there is a trade off. When I had my Eighth scale buggy, I ran thin oil in the center diff for handling purposes and for smooth acceleration but the buggy was terrible on anything other than smooth ground. I wouldn’t jump straigt to 500k. I would step down to 1million weight then to 500k if I felt it was necessary. I run 500k in my rear diff and for my driving style that would be way too thin for me in my center diff.

RC Racer
    Keep in mind that when you go to a thinner oil in the center diff along with keeping the front wheels down it will also hurt your crawling ability. So there is a trade off. When I had my Eighth scale buggy, I ran thin oil in the center diff for handling purposes and for smooth acceleration but the buggy was terrible on anything other than smooth ground. I wouldnít jump straigt to 500k. I would step down to 1million weight then to 500k if I felt it was necessary. I run 500k in my rear diff and for my driving style that would be way too thin for me in my center diff.
    I don't do much crawling, Mostly just driving on dirt/sand/snow general bashing a few jumps here and there.

what would you rec for from and rear for off road general messing around? I think im going to leave the front @ 20 and just throttle control and replace the front and read fluids with something else.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TraverseCityMi View Post
    I don't do much crawling, Mostly just driving on dirt/sand/snow general bashing a few jumps here and there.

what would you rec for from and rear for off road general messing around? I think im going to leave the front @ 20 and just throttle control and replace the front and read fluids with something else.
    Stock is 50k front and rear and 20million for the center. For sand and snow I would actually keep the 20million center so power is sent front and rear pretty much evenly. I went ahead and put 500k in the rear and left front at 50k. This might actually be a good starting point for you because I drive on similiar terrain and its worked great. You could put some heavier fluid in the front but its all on personal preference. I kept it thinner so I could actually keep a decent turn radius without inducing understeer. You donít have to go straight up to 500k in the rear but put something heavier than 50k in the rear at the very least.

RC Racer
    Stock is 50k front and rear and 20million for the center. For sand and snow I would actually keep the 20million center so power is sent front and rear pretty much evenly. I went ahead and put 500k in the rear and left front at 50k. This might actually be a good starting point for you because I drive on similiar terrain and its worked great. You could put some heavier fluid in the front but its all on personal preference. I kept it thinner so I could actually keep a decent turn radius without inducing understeer. You don’t have to go straight up to 500k in the rear but put something heavier than 50k in the rear at the very least.
    I've got 100k 500k 50k 30k and 10k so i'll mess around and see what works best, Thanks for the tips!!