RC Racer

Thumbs up E-Revo 2.0 Limiting Straps Installed 85mm

@REVO-KN-EVIL (not sure tagging works here but gonna try lol)

So I got my limiting straps in the other day figured instead of continuing to hi-jack the other thread i'd just make my own..

There pretty limiting so the suspension will not travel the full length stopping push rod ends and or shocks from coming out/loose ect ect.

Front end measurements only mainly cuz tryin to hold the tablet and the tape measure and take a picture with my left hand was just not happening...

RC Competitor
    I ordered the 90mm then ordered the 85mm ones. I figured the 85 would work better, glad you confirmed. Looks like it works good!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mills79 View Post
    I ordered the 90mm then ordered the 85mm ones. I figured the 85 would work better, glad you confirmed. Looks like it works good!

There super limiting so if that's your goal 85 will be great!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by TraverseCityMi View Post
    There super limiting so if that's your goal 85 will be great!
    Well, I will have the 90mm's too if the 85's arent what I want.

RC Racer
    Well, I will have the 90mm's too if the 85's arent what I want.

Dope lemmie know which you prefer!

RC Racer
    Limiting straps on the front aren’t really necessary. The design of the chassis will limit the travel of the front A-arms, unlike the rear of the truck. With that being said though, I really like how you mounted them. Have you gotten the straps stuck in the springs with them mounted like that?

RC Competitor
    Dope lemmie know which you prefer!
    Will do.

What servo are you running?

RC Racer
    Will do.

What servo are you running?

running that newly released 2255 from traxxas

RC Competitor
    running that newly released 2255 from traxxas
    Your stock ones go bad?

RC Racer
    Your stock ones go bad?

Nope just pulled them before they did so I could have a few spares for my stampede and slash case those go bad, I really didn't NEED to buy it but I did anyway lol

RC Qualifier

So I got my limiting straps in the other day figured instead of continuing to hi-jack the other thread i'd just make my own..

There pretty limiting so the suspension will not travel the full length stopping push rod ends and or shocks from coming out/loose ect ect.

Front end measurements only mainly cuz tryin to hold the tablet and the tape measure and take a picture with my left hand was just not happening...

Thanks for the folllow up. I am wondering if you are limiting the truck from sitting up when you run it with 85mm.
    Let me know what you think about that when you run it a couple of times.
    Looks good, nice install!!!
    Lost my ESC TODAY , NEED TO PURCHASE A NEW ONE...... ALL REDS LIGHTNFATAL ERROR MESSAGE.

RC Racer
    When driving Maybe a little bit, I did bottom out in the snow a few times yesterday which is really annoying but then again it bottoms out even without the straps so..

Might take it out today if I can get enough batteries charged up in time for my morning walk.

And that sucks man I've been lucky with my electronics so far and not lost anything I just keep breaking axel stubs doing jumps w/ my stampede..

RC Racer
    When driving Maybe a little bit, I did bottom out in the snow a few times yesterday which is really annoying but then again it bottoms out even without the straps so..

Might take it out today if I can get enough batteries charged up in time for my morning walk.

And that sucks man I've been lucky with my electronics so far and not lost anything I just keep breaking axel stubs doing jumps w/ my stampede..
    The limiting straps aren’t going to stop the truck from bottoming out. As I stated before they aren’t necesssary in the front of the truck. The chassis design actually limits the A-arm travel. There is no risk to pulling out the rod ends on the shocks in the front.

RC Competitor
    On the bench for limit straps and chassis brace!

RC Qualifier
    On the bench for limit straps and chassis brace!

Quote Originally Posted by vans5oh View Post
    The limiting straps aren’t going to stop the truck from bottoming out. As I stated before they aren’t necesssary in the front of the truck. The chassis design actually limits the A-arm travel. There is no risk to pulling out the rod ends on the shocks in the front.
    Not so much the chassis bottoming out as the wheels over extending causing undue weight and pressure on the shocks end and push rod ends....

RC Qualifier
    How I did my 85mm straps. I never found a need to strap the front as never had issues on the front end. Only issues have been pillow balls coming out of a arms.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    So I put the new chassis brace on but honestly why is it any better than the stock one? I know the new one is probably more rigid but doesnt seem to support as much...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by REVO-KN-EVIL View Post
    Not so much the chassis bottoming out as the wheels over extending causing undue weight and pressure on the shocks end and push rod ends....
    I understand exactly what the limiting straps are for and my statement of “they are not necessary in the front...” is still correct. The wheels can not be over extended like the rear because the chassis hits the arms and limits the amount they travel downward. Even with the limiting straps on (speaking of just the rear now) there is still stress on the ends of the push rods when the arms are over extended. Just look where the straps themselves are mounted. They are mounted at the rocker arm, it only take the stress off of the shock end. My statement about the chassis bottoming out is also correct. They will not stop the chassis from bottoming out.

So I put the new chassis brace on but honestly why is it any better than the stock one? I know the new one is probably more rigid but doesnt seem to support as much...

Night and day my friend! Given that I've broken the stock plastic rear brace shows that it still allows a lot of flex. Never broken the aluminum one, one the o.g. erbe or the 2.0. It really is the best, cheapest and first mod to be done on this platform
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    Night and day my friend! Given that I've broken the stock plastic rear brace shows that it still allows a lot of flex. Never broken the aluminum one, one the o.g. erbe or the 2.0. It really is the best, cheapest and first mod to be done on this platform
    I’ve bent an aluminum one but nothing else broke. The aluminum one is great. I wish it would have come standard on the truck.

RC Competitor

Did you use the factory screws when mounting to the rocker or get longer ones?

RC Racer
    Did you use the factory screws when mounting to the rocker or get longer ones?

I think I used factory but I could have just as easily pulled a few out of my spare box and used those.

RC Competitor
    I think I used factory but I could have just as easily pulled a few out of my spare box and used those.
    Ok thankya

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    How I did my 85mm straps. I never found a need to strap the front as never had issues on the front end. Only issues have been pillow balls coming out of a arms.

Your post says you used 85mm. Your pics shows 90mm. What is the consensus with length currently? And why have I not seen anyone attach one end of the strap to the bottom of the pivot, and one to the top? They all seem to bolt both ends of the straps on the top. I would think this would pull the rocker askew, instead of evenly. I am ordering parts tonight to play around with this, just don't know what to order, length and spacer wise......

I made my own out of cable I got at lowes back when I had a baja 5B SS and made some for it. I run them down to the pushrod end on the rear arm. If I could figure out a mounting solution for the front, I'd put them on there too.

That said, I never really had a lot of issues when running traxxas maxx 3.3 tires or smaller. I only started having real issues when I ran trencher 3.8's on my ERBEv1. I was ripping rod ends, shock ends off pretty much every bash on the rear until I made the limiting cables. I still had issues with over compression though folding/snapping the shock ends with those tires. Then I started twisting rear axles off (4S only) and gave up on the tires then went back to 3.3 maxx tires. lol!

Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Competitor
    I keep seeing these however i do not understand them completely are they just to prevent over extension of the shock pushrods during bad landings/crashes or am i missing something, i have yet to break any of the suspension arms/rods even on some really rough landings maybe im just lucky so far i have bent a couple but the straps wont prevent that if im not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Xzinten View Post
    I keep seeing these however i do not understand them completely are they just to prevent over extension of the shock pushrods during bad landings/crashes or am i missing something, i have yet to break any of the suspension arms/rods even on some really rough landings maybe im just lucky so far i have bent a couple but the straps wont prevent that if im not mistaken.
    Yes. On a bad landing, usually cartwheel or upside down, especially with heavy tires, the rear arms get pulled down beyond how far the shocks can extend and the ends get ripped off or broken.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo45 View Post
    Your post says you used 85mm. Your pics shows 90mm. What is the consensus with length currently? And why have I not seen anyone attach one end of the strap to the bottom of the pivot, and one to the top? They all seem to bolt both ends of the straps on the top. I would think this would pull the rocker askew, instead of evenly. I am ordering parts tonight to play around with this, just don't know what to order, length and spacer wise......
    I'm pretty sure I ordered the 85mm..... Never noticed it said 90mm on the pic. Nice find.. guess I'll double check my order... it's been working fine for me...

Attached straps like I have uses the shock brace as a ancor point. Each side can move Independent of each other. It doesn't bind the rocker at all as the strap slides along the brace.

Any though is if you strap from one rocker to the other then it pulls on each rocker as the ancor. Doesn't truly limit things, and then not Independent of each other either...

RC Racer
    Off to the shop tomorrow for a set cuz I just broke my first rod. I already bought a few spares but want more of those also. I expected to break a front rod when I slammed into the playground jungle jim but I think it caught enough bumper it just stopped it dead in it's tracks and the rod snapped by the end when the weight unsprung from the rear.

I saw YT video recently from a guy that said he cured the issue by rebuilding the shocks and adding an extra set of bump stops inside in the other direction. Here it is - https://youtu.be/gr3zHqVE5l0

I bought the stuff to do all that but I don't want to mess with that until I get my rustler vxl slipper clutch issues and start/finish my slash 4x4 all 4 corner rebuild/upgrade.