RC poster

Lightbulb Rustler 4x4 brushed vs VXL

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have a complete comparison between the brushed and the brushless edition?
    This may give a clearer picture on the differences in these two machines

E.g

Brushed 4x4:
    - Titan 12T motor
    - TQ radio
    - non adjustable cambers

VXL:
    - Brushless Velineon
    - TQi radio
    - Adjustable rods
    - TSM

Anything that i'm missing?

Regards,
    Ajidsan

RC Qualifier
    Lots. The vxl version has obviously a different body, different color rims, heavier duty driveshafts, adjustable turnbuckles, and adjustable toe links. It also comes with optional speed gearing, but the brushed will come with a basic charger you plug into your car and a nimh battery.

RC Racer
    Vxl, has a larger slipper clutch, aluminum drive shaft, bigger differential gears which change the gear ratio some as well (larger driveshaft pinions).
    If it breaks, replace it. If it doesn't break then the jump wasn't
    big enough

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke s View Post
    Lots. The vxl version has obviously a different body, different color rims, heavier duty driveshafts, adjustable turnbuckles, and adjustable toe links. It also comes with optional speed gearing, but the brushed will come with a basic charger you plug into your car and a nimh battery.
    I notice the body, colored rims, turnbuckles and toe links. I may be wrong but the VXL also comes with ultra shocks

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Christg4 View Post
    Vxl, has a larger slipper clutch, aluminum drive shaft, bigger differential gears which change the gear ratio some as well (larger driveshaft pinions).
    I had always thought they had the same slipper clutch and differential gears. Alu drive shaft definitely. Gear ratio however, i believe the brushed goes at 10/54 and the VXL 11/54. Not much of a difference besides the provided optional 17T pinion for the VXL

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke s View Post
    the brushed version dose not come with (with a basic charger you plug into your car and a nimh battery.)