RC Racer

New inclination gauge with the newest update

Anyone try the new inclination gauge? I just installed the update and tried it out. Mine seems to show on the gauge backwards. Not sure if there is a way to reverse it. It shows I’m going down hill when it’s actually going up and left right is backwards too. I’m using the trx-4 bronco.

I havenít installed it yet so there me may be a setting within the app for this already. Check the garage, drive effects and preferences under support. Another place for the setting to be is when your at the dashboard tap the screen and click the green wrench on the gauge to see if you can change anything. Iím also curious if when you installed the update for the app and linked it to the vehicle, did the app do an update for either the tsm receiver or tqi radio? If not, just to be sure. Go into the support and there is an option of updates. Make sure everything has all the latest updates. If that doesnít fix it, there may be a simple solution. You shouldnít have to do this but if the receiver is turned around 180į in the receiver box it should be correct. I think the real solution to this would be for traxxas to update the app and be able to change the orientation of the receiver of whatís forward and backwards or left to right. Best bet would be to call Traxxas and see what they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Charger Man; 12-28-2018 at 12:44 AM.
    115 mph Heavily Moddified Slash 4x4 on 6s

RC Racer
    I just updated my trx-4 defender and it works right. It’s just the bronco that is backwards. I wonder if the receiver could be backwards? I haven’t even had the cover off of it yet so it should be in there the right way.

At least your getting a reading. I just updated mine and the gauges stay at 0į

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger Man View Post
    At least your getting a reading. I just updated mine and the gauges stay at 0į

I do not have one of these but this has worked on other rc models with no readings. Try deleting the gauge off your phone and then reinstall it then shut the app off and turn it back on don't delete the app, mine were out of whack and it worked for me. Worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    I do not have one of these but this has worked on other rc models with no readings. Try deleting the gauge off your phone and then reinstall it then shut the app off and turn it back on don't delete the app, mine were out of whack and it worked for me. Worth a try.
    That was a good idea but still doesnít work. All the other gauges work, temperature sensors, rpm, voltage, speed. Just the new inclinometer doesnít read anything other that 0į. Iíve held the truck completely upside down and in every other way and nothing...

RC Qualifier
    That was a good idea but still doesn’t work. All the other gauges work, temperature sensors, rpm, voltage, speed. Just the new inclinometer doesn’t read anything other that 0į. I’ve held the truck completely upside down and in every other way and nothing...

Do you have a second receiver you could try ? or it's a pain but delete the app and reinstall and see if that does anything to help sometimes it acts sort of like a reboot.

I have an ERevo 2.0, slash 4x4, slayer pro 4x4, and a slash 4x4 speed run car all with the tsm receiver and each one doesnít respond to any angle movement of the car.

RC Qualifier
    Ok thats weird, I wonder if it's something specific to do with the TRX-4 only or if theres something on it that updates to that specific esc. I'm just winging it because I don't own one but like you we both have done a lot of updates and read alot of threads on app issues and usually one of these fixes works, sorry I couldn't of been more of a help.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    Ok thats weird, I wonder if it's something specific to do with the TRX-4 only or if theres something on it that updates to that specific esc. I'm just winging it because I don't own one but like you we both have done a lot of updates and read alot of threads on app issues and usually one of these fixes works, sorry I couldn't of been more of a help.
    Yeah, I had the same thoughts. I made the trx-4 active and still no readings. Iíll have to call Traxxas Monday and see what they say. Thanks for the help. Iím sure itís just a glitch in the app now.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, I had the same thoughts. I made the trx-4 active and still no readings. I’ll have to call Traxxas Monday and see what they say. Thanks for the help. I’m sure it’s just a glitch in the app now.

My grandsons using my phone to fly his drone in the house right now lol but as soon as he's finished I'll try it with one of my rc's, I did see that inclination gauge on my phone when I did all the updates last week for the Xmaxx so I'll try it and let you know.

RC Qualifier
    Here you go so I added the gauges and turned on the Xmaxx and the video isn't the best but you can see the gauges working. Maybe delete the app and reinstall and see if it works.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXYE9MO-SRw

I deleted the app and reinstalled it. I didnít take as many screenshots I should have, I atleast have the amount of % for all the vehicles steering and all. I just need to reset all the dashboards and sensors. On my ERevo 2.0 the sensors for inclinometer weíre working and they were correct. Then my Slash 4x4 was working also, just the sensors were backwards. When going downhill it thought it was tipping sideways. Then the dashboard froze and the inclinometer gauges went back to 0į again. I give up!!! I donít have a TRX-4 or anything but I thought it would be cool with the new update and all to know how steep of hill Iím climbing. Oh well. With every new feature there are bound to be bugs.

RC Qualifier
    Deleting the app is always a pain for me also and I save it as a last resort. 4 trucks and a boat and redoing the dashboard on all is time consuming but it usually fixes most issues. It is a pretty cool feature but I mostly use the app for temps, the way I drive if I take my eye off the truck to long (miliseconds) I usually hit something lol. Glad to see it did work for you though.

RC Qualifier
    So there is one other thing that I have done when things freeze on the app is delete the app shut your phone off pull your sim card (not sure why but it has helped) for 10 min. put the sim card back in turn your phone on and reinstall the app and you shouldn't have any more issues.
    Seems like a big ordeal but if the gauges work and you want them, it'll be worth the time to try.