RC poster

Adapter plug for traxxas id plugs

I will be purchasing the lipo traxxas id batteries that have the balancing built into the plug. Is there an adapter that i can use to charge these batteries with the duratrax onyx 245? If im not mistaken, the older style traxxas plug will fit in the traxxas id plug on the nimh batteries.

RC poster
    I have one you can have just pay the shipping. Pm your address and I'll send it to you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Would you suggest using this plug as opposed to buying the traxxas charger and only being able to run the traxxas id connector?

iD plugs are backwards compatible with the legacy connector.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by green68mustang View Post
    Would you suggest using this plug as opposed to buying the traxxas charger and only being able to run the traxxas id connector?
    personally yes. I have a radient ascert and I love it. It'll charge up to 6s batteries. If you don't like messing with different charge rates and don't mind the proprietary traxxas plug then go with traxxas chargers and batteries.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Well i decided to go with the Duratrax Onyx 245. Im only charging nimh batteries now and ill get the correct plug needed for the lipo batteries when i upgrade.