RC Enthusiast

Pros and cons of the ford gt?

Hi everyone! Here from the slash electric side of this awesome community.
    Im on the fence about getting the ford gt. But im leaning toward the brushed version.
    I have a heavily modified slash 4x4 that i love. And a bigfoot thats all stock but so much fun.

I want an on road car i can rip around just for fun. No top speed runs or racing. If i dont decide to get the gt i will probably buy a rustler vxl 4x4.

I just wanted to get some insight on some pros and cons. Overall it seems like a very fun and capable car.
    Is there some problems you guys have come across possibly with the fix?
    I have gone thru most of the thread pages but didnt come across any pros and cons.
    I think the gt body is so cool and probably wont even run it much.

Any information will help and is appreciated. Thanks!

RC Competitor
    yes, you should buy a 4-tec, if you have a decent place to drive it.
    The 4-tec needs a flat surface, while a slash or rustler will float on any on-road surface.
    It's a different ride compared to a slash or rustler.

But it's a great car.
    I have a VXL (bought second hand) and I realy like it.
    No cons, just pros.
    There are tons of body and aftermarket options.

RC Qualifier
    The con is you really need a flat smooth surface to have a lot of fun with it. I have an XO-1 and the Ford GT is quite a bit harder to drive on rougher roads.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Qualifier
    Get the rustler 4x4 and some good on road tires. This way you can still run if you have rough roads. The 4-Tec is a sweet car, but like said it needs some smooth type roads to operate on.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the info guys! I appreciate it. I think i will get the brushed version and test it out on road. If it does ride rough ill just leave it as a shelf queen and get a rustler 4x4 lol. Thanks again! Any other info is also appreciated (like any must-do upgrades).

RC Racer
    I love mine. It seems to get most of my time now. Its not too big as compared to my slash or emaxx and is perfect for driving up and down the cul-de-sac. I have it geared at 25/70 on 3s with the VXL-3s Velineon system and have no issues with over heating. Especially for drifting around. Would be a great purchase with many up gradable options.

I bought mine used with a Velenion upgrade already installed along with some foam tires. I geared it up and hit it with a 3s and the thing outright flies! Handles like it's on rails as well. As stated, you need smooth surface to run it on, even small pebbles will upset the car at speed. I have a Slash 4x4, a Rustler and the GT. All have their purpose. I think the only con will be the stock tires. I tried mine once and quickly stuck the foams back on, night and day difference. Have fun!!
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl