RC poster

ESC Thermal Shutdown Question

Had my M41 out for the first time and ran great on 2s's lion's for about 5 minutes, but the boat just shut off while on a run. Will the esc automatically reset itself without retrieving the boat and disconnecting battery power and just wait for it to cool down?
    I know that going to slow would cause overheating and I have low voltage detection enabled.
    I have new cooling parts on the way like a cooling jacket for motor and duel pickup rudder.

New to rc boats and any insight would be appreciated thank you.

Marc

RC poster
    perhaps old batts, less mah ?

RC poster

Re: Old Batts.

They are all new lipo's
    5000 7.4 volt and 11.1 volt 6000 mah.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcinohio View Post
    Had my M41 out for the first time and ran great on 2s's lion's for about 5 minutes, but the boat just shut off while on a run. Will the esc automatically reset itself without retrieving the boat and disconnecting battery power and just wait for it to cool down?
    I know that going to slow would cause overheating and I have low voltage detection enabled.
    I have new cooling parts on the way like a cooling jacket for motor and duel pickup rudder.

New to rc boats and any insight would be appreciated thank you.

Marc
    If you let off the throttle and give it few seconds it should recover if it's Thermal shutdown.

RC poster

Re shutdown

Quote Originally Posted by spartantamer View Post
    If you let off the throttle and give it few seconds it should recover if it's Thermal shutdown.
    Thanks for the reply,
    I will let it sit and wait next time.
    I did install a duel pickup rudder and aluminum cooling jacket so ESC and motor has their own cooling supply and hopefully it won't just shut down again. It's a pain retrieving the boat..

Thanks again..