RC Racer

Need exact sizes for o rings and shims front and rear diff.

Anyone know the size of the shims behind the gear inside the diff and the 2 blue o rings that also sit inside the diff?

Also does anyone make that black ring that sits inside the diff besides traxxas?

Buying 6$ rebuild kits for 3 rings is kinda stupid is there just an O-ring kit ??

I have like 4 housing units now from rebuilding my slash and stampede but im outta rings

Plz help. Down time sucks.

Meh i'm going to the hardware store and hobby shop fuggetabout it.
    Last edited by TraverseCityMi; 01-03-2019 at 08:48 AM.

RC Racer
    Ended up buying like 7 diff kits since the hardware store didn't have the right size washers nor o rings.. can't figure out the size, I suspect there like 5mm x ??? x ???

Same with the O-rings prolly 4-5mm x ???

I need one of those measuring things to figure it out I guess..

Or traxxas can stop selling the kits and just sell the stupid o rings and gaskets .. But that would make sense and traxxas don't do stuff that makes sense...

RC Qualifier
    You probably want a set of calipers for measuring inside and outside diameters and it will make it easier to find the right o-ring size, their fairly cheap and I order all my shims here.
    https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_odkw...shims&_sacat=0

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    You probably want a set of calipers for measuring inside and outside diameters and it will make it easier to find the right o-ring size, their fairly cheap and I order all my shims here.
    https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_odkw...shims&_sacat=0

Yeah I was hoping someone here had already done the calipers since I dont' have any..

Good lookin on the shims tho thanks!

RC Qualifier
    Sorry I only have for the Emaxx Data but the diff carrier 3978 swaps so that is what I'm going by but you can compare yourself and if you search Mini Diff Post under the Brushless Emaxx Threads it is super helpfull of where to put shims.
    I use 5mmx8mm red silicone o-rings or you can use 7/32 ID X 11/32 OD I use either or and have had no issues. Durometer of 70A to 90A are good they are quite a bit thicker then stock but have been working awesome for the last 3 yrs. Pk of 100 for 10.00 cdn.
    Shim size 6mm, 8mm and 10mm is what I use. Hopefully this helps.
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/4PCS-Rings-D...item3f9c2db7df
    Last edited by Rain Dawg; 01-04-2019 at 05:38 PM.

RC Racer
    Thanks Rain, Sadly today I got fed up with my stampede and well.. I don't have my stampede anymore . . .

Down to just a slash now, which thankfully shares a lot of the same parts so I ended up ordering and im not even kidding 7 diff kits just to have extra parts for the rebuild.

I will check into the 5x8s tho as those do sound like the right size and I found the washers on ebay so I got a pack of 20 coming of those.

Thanks again for helpin rain!! Stay dry bro :P

RC Qualifier
    LOL stay dry, chek the weather here on the Island we've had more rain in 2 days then we avg in a month haha (our yearly avg is 12 ft) it did clear up enough to run 5 pks through the Xmaxx today what a bonus this thing is amazing.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    LOL stay dry, chek the weather here on the Island we've had more rain in 2 days then we avg in a month haha (our yearly avg is 12 ft) it did clear up enough to run 5 pks through the Xmaxx today what a bonus this thing is amazing.
    LOL I know how that is, I used to live in seattle never seen so much rain!

I seen a bunch of Kevin talbots videos running his xmaxx dood has so much fun with that thing Its hard not to get one for my self lol But then I see the price tag and remember why I don't have one yet lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TraverseCityMi View Post
    LOL I know how that is, I used to live in seattle never seen so much rain!

I seen a bunch of Kevin talbots videos running his xmaxx dood has so much fun with that thing Its hard not to get one for my self lol But then I see the price tag and remember why I don't have one yet lol
    Then you know all about the rain, Seattle is the same lol. I never watch his videos he's to brutal on rc's it hurts to see what he does lol.
    I hear you on the price it took us 3 yrs to pull the trigger on one and now no regrets wish we had of done it sooner, way more truck in real life then I thought just watching video's.

RC Racer
    Oh yeah know that weather well lol, and yeah talbots just MEAN to his RC's like what kinda disposable income does this dood generate with his videos and ebay stuff lol

3 years wow the sense of pride you must have owning that thing I can only imagine !

Right on man glad your enjoying the truck it does seem pretty huge its what 1/5th scale??