Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC poster

TSM update for receiver

Today they update the Link App which provides a new Transmitter and Receiver firmware. From now on it works fine again.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Ok. Ill have another crack at it again when i get chance and report back. Seems like i'm not the only one having issues.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pontiacHP View Post
    Hey bud!! I hope all is well! Thatís weird that the update didnít affect all receivers. I lost temp on all four of mine after the update. Yeah itís pretty cold here too. But despite the cold temps, I still manage to get mine hot.
    I sent you a pm.

RC poster
    i did the update.
    looks good now

RC Qualifier
    All 5 updated and the temp works but the Brushed Emaxx still shows 2s not 4s and Traxxas support says it'll be fixed shortly.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MovieBuffoon View Post
    I can attest that as counterintuitive as it seems, going into airplane mode then turning on ONLY bluetooth *DOES WORK*.

My theory is this. Downloading the most current version of Traxxas Link also has the data needed for the update, SO NO ADDITIONAL DATA IS NEEDED. I have no idea why wifi and/or mobile data interferes with the update, maybe some latent code in the current version makes the app try to "phone home" during the update instead of using what its got, i dont know.

In any case, I'm an IT guy, so I was pretty methodical with this, and it does work.
    I registered here to thank everyone in this thread, especially those with success stories about putting the iphone into airplane mode. My update was stuck in a loop and even after 1 hour of waiting, never made it past a Retry #1. I finally made it through this morning and could not be happier.

I did want to make sure this was clear because I tried something differently today. I had to put the Iphone into airplane mode BEFORE I started the Traxxas app and update process. I kept putting it into airplane after I had started the update process and it does not work. I know this still doesn't make sense for a lot of reasons, but it did work for me. I always had wifi on before and never have had an issue before.

Thanks again for this thread and discussion!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12