RC poster

Are there ANY Traxxas link SUCCESS stories!!!???

I just got this truck (it's my first Traxxas product) and I'm beginning to regret buying the Blue tooth accessory for the light set up (which for whatever reason no longer works after updating my transmitter).
    I've seen all of these horror stories about failing updates, continuous updates, not linking, etc.etc....
    What I want to hear is where are the "success stories"??? I'm beginning to believe there aren't any and that this product is junk. Tell me different!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DC3Mek View Post
    I just got this truck (it's my first Traxxas product) and I'm beginning to regret buying the Blue tooth accessory for the light set up (which for whatever reason no longer works after updating my transmitter).
    I've seen all of these horror stories about failing updates, continuous updates, not linking, etc.etc....
    What I want to hear is where are the "success stories"??? I'm beginning to believe there aren't any and that this product is junk. Tell me different!!!
    Well, look at it this way, most of the posters come here with a problem, but there are many who don't. I for one have had the bluetooth setup on six trucks since it was introduced. I wouldn't be without it. About updates, don't skip out on updates, they're just as important for your bluetooth system as they are for your home PC or smart phone. I think most problems are usually user mistakes. When you get an update, take your time, don't click it on until your are sure you are ready, good batteries in your transmitter, know if your vehicle needs to be connected and try to do it when your connected to wifi on your phone. jmo

RC Qualifier
    Since Xmass I have updated 1 Stampede 2 Emaxx's 1 Xmaxx and 1 M41 boat all without a hitch. First off I have in the past had a few issues but in the last year the way I have done any updates is to delete the app shut my phone off pull my sim card wait 10 minutes.
    Then I put the card back in turn my phone on and install the app and do the downloads all 5 with no issue or hassle, is it necessary to do all of the above, not sure but I'm convinced that a lot of the problems occur from our phones not so much the app.
    Everyones home computers have problems at some point so why can't our phones, so to blame the app when it works ok for me is not fair.

I have 4 tx's with the blue tooth module and I sink everyone with the 5 Traxxas rc's so if i ever have an issue I grab and go with no down time. I'm not belittling anyones problems with the update issues but why when I do it the way I do I have no problems.
    Is what I do inconvenient or ideal, I download and drive and have no downtime and I find if I do my downloads after everyone goes to bed there's less chance of interuptions.
    I hope any of you with issues get it sorted out so can enjoy your rc's like us.

RC Enthusiast
    Hi, I use one Bluetooth unit across 4 TXs so if I need to change a channel like a servo direction, I can simply put the unit in and update the TC setting. Works great. Plus, I can update the reciever on all 4 vehicles. I keep the Bluetooth it in my Slash Ultimate TX though because it's the only one I have with telemetry. I don't use that a great deal though to be honest because you can't drive and look at your phone simultaneously.

I did have connectivity issues with a phone last year that wouldn't but I simply used an older Android spare phone I had with no issues. Wierdly, my new Honor 10 Phone has no issues.

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Thought I'd chime in as I just got an e-Revo and the update didn't work initially. The link app had updates for the TCM, receiver and transmitter and got stuck in a loop after updating the receiver. What I did to get it working again was turn off the reciever, disable bluetooth to force the update to fail, but leave on my transmitter. Then I re-enabled bluetooth, connected to my (still flashing) transmitter and retry the update. It was then successful and it looks like the TCM and receiver were successfully updated first time round so everything is working just fine.

RC Racer
    I’ve had no problems with mine. No problems with updates either using Apple phones. I have 4 different Tqi transmitters that I move my one Bluetooth link between them all depending on which one I’m using or need it in at the time. I really like using it for keeping track of the engine temp on my 3.3 revo.
    The Bluetooth always connects right up to my phone easier and more seamless than any other Bluetooth device I use. Just turn on the transmitter and open up the app and it works. The app automatically knows what transmitter I’m plugged into and what type of vehicle it is.

RC poster
    Well I spoke too soon. The update completely failed, I was just lucky it didn't brick my transmitter. The update failed to install at all and the steps I took above just allowed me to not brick my transmitter. The app is prompting me to update again and after 2 hours of pain I think I'm just going to give the Bluetooth a miss for now.

It's pretty frustrating really. I just got my e-Revo a week ago and went for a back-yard bash last night and found the throttle trim was funky, loaded up the app to fix it only to be faced with it not connecting, rebooted my phone and was then prompted to install the same update that I attempted before!

I thought bugger this, downloaded the manual and used the transmitter to fix the throttle trim through the built in menu.
    Last edited by Deimos; 01-09-2019 at 08:31 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Just curious and I'm not sure it matters but last year when I had a few issues and it would'nt load I turned my location on and tryed again and it worked. So I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the download or if it's a coincidence but I always make sure thats on when I do the app downloads and it has always worked since.

RC poster
    Well on that point, just thinking back to when I was first using it on my Rustler, I did have more luck updating when I was out at the park and using my phone's internet. When I was updating at home the other day with WiFi it was just stuck in a loop. I might try again with the phone internet. It's bizarre that it would have any effect, especially since we have a full gigabit connection at home.

RC Qualifier
    Like I said I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the app connecting, but my Stampede and my brushed Emaxx hadn't been updated in 1 1/2 yrs and both went through with no issues or fails of any kind. I can only state things that I have tried and don't understand why this happens to some and not others. I live in a rural area in the country and cell service here is sparse and alot of times I send a text and just watch that spinning circle until it says send failed even with wifi calling on and the cell tower is less then 5 km from my house lol.

RC poster
    Hi all, I just got my replacement receiver....plugged everything up....worked fine, updated as it should....disconnected power, plugged in my power amp for the lights into the ESC and p NOTHING!!! I try turning it on and the LED on the receiver comes on, fan twitches, steering twitches and that's it. No lights come on on the ESC, and now it's totally dead.
    Anyone have this problem? I'm beginning to hate this thing.