RC Qualifier

3s cheap battery options?

Hey guys. Just got a brand new rustler 4x4 vxl yesterday evening. I was wondering what are some cheap battery options. I have a zop power 5500 mah battery, but I had to duct tape it down, to hold it in there. Preferably, it would be on amazon and be under 35$. Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    Check our SMC batteries. Donít go cheap on lipos. JMO. But you do get what you pay for!!

RC Qualifier
    yah. I was looking at the smc lipos. I also want something that has a deans connector.

RC Qualifier
    They will put deans on. When you go to buy one there is the option to get several different connectors. Deans being one of them. They are good batteries with true ratings and have good CS as well.

RC Qualifier
    What do you think about the ez peak plus charger? And is gens ace 2200mah lipo a good choice? or gens ace like 4000 mah?

RC Qualifier
    You want something in the 5-6000 mah range. And minimum 40c. Some might disagree, but the higher the C rating the better. I donít know much about gens ace batteries TBH. I do know that the SMC batteries are well worth the money though. And the issue with the Traxxas charger is that if you want to use deans connectors youíll have to make some sort of adapter. And even then I am not sure it will work like you want it to. There are so many good chargers out there, you may want to look around a little before you decide on one. Spend the money once and get a good one. Trust me, it will save you money in the end. Same with lipos. Get some good ones. JMHOís.

RC Racer
    For what its worth I've been running HRB's 5000mah 3S lately and I've not had any issues with them, All these cells are made in china so the whole you get what you pay for.. I'm not really buying it.

The cheaper cells are usually low C rating so make sure you check that before you pull the trigger, Like those zops are only 50C which is likely the BURST rating and not the sustainable rating.

I've not ran SMC but I've ran cheaper lipos and not had any issues, not to say your millage will be the same but.. They preform just the same as traxxas expensive batteries.. So the you get what you pay for part def don't work there..

RC Qualifier
    I see thanks. I will probably just use the zop or get a gens ace

RC Qualifier
    What about the venom dual charger? It can charge 3s 4s and dual 2s lipos. It has an output of 3a max

RC Competitor

3s cheap battery options?

I've had bad experiences with Venom LiPos so I'm not sure I'd spend the money on one of their chargers. I do have a barbwire boat that's from the same parent company and I've had little issue with it but I still try and avoid them.

I have a Hitec x4 charger that will do 4x LiPo's and pretty much whatever you have to charge. It's a little spendy. You will have to wait for shipping but I've ordered a bunch of things from them and haven't had any issues.

Honestly, batteries and chargers are not where I am willing to cheap out. You are pushing a LOT of magic wall pixies into your batteries and if anything goes wrong you can have a serious situation. That's why you should really charge your batteries in at least a charge bag and if you want to be safer, a charge box. If you have a pack that goes into thermal runaway (fire) you're not putting it out.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-09-2019 at 06:05 PM.

RC Competitor
    Well I've been out the game a couple years and just bought a traxxas 5000 3s for $70. without doing any research. Had to buy adapter to charge it on my Hyperion charger = $80.

Could have got 2 SMC 5400 90c 3s lipos for $100.
    If's that not cheap nothing is.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke s View Post
    What about the venom dual charger? It can charge 3s 4s and dual 2s lipos. It has an output of 3a max
    I have one two charge my X-Maxx batteries and it works great