RC poster

Spur Gear Damaged Revo2.0

Can anyone tell me how this happened?
    I had my Erevo running better than ever then suddenly this happened on my last bash.

The engine Pinion gear also came lose.
    How can I prevent this from happening again?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Did the motor come loose from the mount?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Came loose because Quality control checks seem to be few and far between when it comes to stuff like this, I blew a rear diff thanks to a screw that fell out of the SEALED diff.. Also blew the main drive shalf / 1/2 shaft thanks to a grub screw that fell out on its own.

How to stop it.. Locktite blue or RED if you never wanna take it off again.

Also go over every screw that car has from inside and out and check your not missing any or they are loose/coming out.

RC poster

Man.. this just happened to me and i have no idea how to change it, does anyone have a tutorial video or anything that might help? Im totally new to RC, any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Spur gear is made to be the weak link between pinion and drive train. They will go out. Grab a few extras to keep on hand. I always keep extras for my trucks.

Also drive style will ruin them as well. Ie being on the throttle when wheels hit the ground. As drive train comes to stop when wheels hit ground. So any binding get transferred back up to the motor and spur gear and pinion gear.

I second the motion to loctight screws and check that all are tight. It's normal for screws to become loose with bashing.

Locktight those pillowballs as well. Or ca glue.

Happy bashing!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by aarn.chav View Post
    Man.. this just happened to me and i have no idea how to change it, does anyone have a tutorial video or anything that might help? Im totally new to RC, any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Thank you!!

https://youtu.be/Ia9YqYriG2Q

I did not watch it to check for accuracy. just did the work for you on finding the link.. Yay Google.

Good luck!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post

I did not watch it to check for accuracy. just did the work for you on finding the link.. Yay Google.

Good luck!

Trust me man I looked, Watched this video the other day but I need a closer look. thanks I appreciate your help!

RC poster
    Got it all back together, idk what came lose but LHS advise to re-tigthen spur and pinion gear every now and then.

RC poster

Quote Originally Posted by KenG View Post
    Got it all back together, idk what came lose but LHS advise to re-tigthen spur and pinion gear every now and then.

Did you apply double sided tape back on the esc? If so, which type? I just changed my spur too and i dont know if the tape is absolutley necessary ...
    Sorry for the ignorance but im new to this lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by aarn.chav View Post
    Did you apply double sided tape back on the esc? If so, which type? I just changed my spur too and i dont know if the tape is absolutley necessary ...
    Sorry for the ignorance but im new to this lol

3M makes a double sided tape which I used on other vechile which don’t have away to screw The ESC in. It’s made for out door use so i is very strong. I would double up on it it give the same cushion under the ESC. Not sure if Traxxas makes it or what the actual thickness is. But it is pretty plush.

Good luck. I am waiting on a new ESC and i will be use the 3M double sided tape.

RC poster
    Honestly I didn't use any..but you should put some .

RC poster
    Thanks guys! I layered up some 3m and its perfect

RC Racer
    I just did a bunch of mods and mine was running great, then went to install a fan for my motor and noticed it was loose.. Not loose on the mount, the screws in the motor plate itself had loosened. Lucky I caught it otherwise those would’ve happened to me soon enough.. I already had my receiver out so it took about a minute to tighten and get going. Been running great since..

Ps: I have done A LOT to my car but probably have a total of 15 full packs through it.. I’d check the motor whenever you can

RC Qualifier
    Bingo on the motor screws thing. I have yet to go through the stock plastic spur gear and I'm on what, 150 total runs in my rig? I take it out almost every day, the exceptions being when i break it. Anyways I have had the motor come loose to the mount before, but i was too late and it blew out a few bearings in the center diff from the flex. Spur gear had no damage though. I have never had the motor mount come loose from the chassis, only the motor itself come loose to the mount, as the person above me describes. After every run, make sure you check for play in the motor! Just wiggle it up and down, left and right. I haven't had a problem since, and that was like 90 runs ago LoL.

RC Racer
    ^^^ what he said. I don’t even know why I did it but when I wiggles it was an instant “***!”

RC Racer
    If a motor or pinion gear shift, or even body/mount flex enough that the spur/pinion gear mwah isn’t 100%, you will see damage like this. Always make sure motor/gears, are tight.