RC Racer

Single servo without external BEC..

So Iím upgrading servos and wanted to go single, but donít want to run an external BEC. Is it worth going single or should I just do dual Savox 0231ís?

Any recommendations for a good single servo not needing external BEC?

Thx!

RC Racer
    Also... running MXL-6s ESC in my 2.0..

RC Racer
    I ran a single on mine with no external bec but it was traxxas #2255 worked fine.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TraverseCityMi View Post
    I ran a single on mine with no external bec but it was traxxas #2255 worked fine.
    I thought that came with a BEC and extended receiver box cover??

RC Enthusiast
    I had (past tense) an MXL-6s, running the single Traxxas 2255 servo. It lasted about 20 minutes, before the on-board BEC let go. I'd suggest getting an external BEC, if you love your MXL.

RC Racer
    I got a Savox 1230sg and put in a Castle BEC.. The 2255 was tempting because of the larger receiver box and how easy the BEC is, but too much $$ for now

RC Qualifier
    I've been running dual 0231's for almost half a year now on my mxl 6s BEC and have yet to blow the BEC. I started having issues a few days ago, which is weird, but a capaciter fixed them. All good now. However I have a stuttering issue, that has been with the truck ever since I put in the mxl (even with the stock servos) which might be BEC related. Many smart people have told me to put in an external BEC which would be the right thing to do, but the stuttering doesn't effect me much, so I'll just stick how it is. My mxl is a workhorse, and I know these servos shallant kill it.

And hey, let's be honest. I'll grab an old XL-5, ziptie it in, and just connect it in parallel with my mxl. It wont boot because overvoltage, but a current will still be supplied as from experience, when plugging in a high powered battery, the car does steer, just no motor, in all the brushed cars.

Now of course, this may be famous last words. I'm not putting in an XL-5 in yet though. Besides, I have a dead MMM I can use
    Last edited by Peeeenuuutt; 01-14-2019 at 10:06 PM.