RC poster

Differential oil

I just got a X-Maxx 8s, its my first serious RC. I saw that there were some issues with differentials not having oil or not enough oil. Was that issue fixed with the V2 8s or should I take the differentials apart and check? (I really don't want to if I don't need to). If they do need oil what kind should I get? Thank you

RC Champion
    Mine were fine, but after use these degrade the fluid much faster than average sized RCs, especially the center diff. I'm probably going to remove my center diff once the fluid is cooked again.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    All 3 of my diffs are just fine and the oils have not degraded after 2+ seasons of running.

I will suggest swapping the front and rear diffs. Due to the different oils that trx puts in the ft and r diffs, you will get more steering under throttle after the swap. While you have the diffs out, turn them by hand to see if they are stiff or too loose....
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC poster
    What weight oil are yall putting in front and rear diffs for dirt and grass bashing?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkmuschalek84 View Post
    What weight oil are yall putting in front and rear diffs for dirt and grass bashing?
    500k front and rear

RC Competitor
    Owners manual says stock 8s truck:
    "From the factory, the front differential is filled with SAE 10,000W viscosity silicone oil. The rear differential is filled with 30,000W oil."

I changed my oil to 30 front and 10 rear and now it doesn't wheely as much but I cant tell that it steers better on throttle neither, so I'm thinking of reversing it again to stock. I cant get anybody to explain what going up to 50/50 or even higher actually does the the X-Maxx. I know it will crawl better but what about fast bashing, jumping, motocross, etc...?
    X-Maxx 8s / Slash 4x4 / Rustler 4x4 VXL

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroStarGT View Post
    Owners manual says stock 8s truck:
    "From the factory, the front differential is filled with SAE 10,000W viscosity silicone oil. The rear differential is filled with 30,000W oil."

I changed my oil to 30 front and 10 rear and now it doesn't wheely as much but I cant tell that it steers better on throttle neither, so I'm thinking of reversing it again to stock. I cant get anybody to explain what going up to 50/50 or even higher actually does the the X-Maxx. I know it will crawl better but what about fast bashing, jumping, motocross, etc...?
    More of my tires turn more of the time. I find the front bites better as Itís more of a positraction setup. I just prefer a semi-locked setup for my style of driving.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    My truck came with 50,000 wit oil rear and 30,000 wt front(confirmed my traxxas). I swapped them and it was night and day on steering. It was helped by my shock tune tho.

My truck is stock. Grips is highly modified, much more powerful, much more weight. He needs much thicker oil in the diffs. You need to match your diff oil to your trucks needs.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...