RC Enthusiast

Slash 4 x 4 slipper clutch. Replace or upgrade?

Hi all, just burnt out a slipper clutch and looking to either straight replace or if thereís a better option to upgrade then do that. Basically itís not been used for a good while and the bearing under the spur looks to have seized and Iíve broke part of the clutch trying to remove so gonna replace whole thing.

Iíve stumbled upon fitting an e revo slipper or an e revo with disc brake mod but canít see an actual thread for that.

Truck isnít mega powerful but it gets some stick

Hobbywing max 10
    3200 or 2700 motor canít remember.
    11/54
    Proline badlands. (the normal slash size, not monster)
    3s battery

Thoughts?

Many thanks

RC Qualifier
    I use the Traxxas center diff instead of a slipper. Tunable by changing the oil. You also might look into a aluminum motor mount. A lot of times when the bearing goes it will melt the plastic motor mount. King Headz has a aluminum mount with an oversize bearing for both the standard and LCG chassis.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

I will recommend the hot-racing slipper clutch. It can handle the 8hp my high speed car puts out so itís more than strong enough. I have the 6 smaller pads on mine.

Slipper clutch:
    https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=TRX15GP;c=480

Small pads. (Get two sets of these)
    https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=TRX15HS;c=480

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    115 mph Heavily Moddified Slash 4x4 on 6s

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dgechrgr469 View Post
    I use the Traxxas center diff instead of a slipper. Tunable by changing the oil. You also might look into a aluminum motor mount. A lot of times when the bearing goes it will melt the plastic motor mount. King Headz has a aluminum mount with an oversize bearing for both the standard and LCG chassis.

Do you use center diff on 3s?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by alexsasax View Post
    Do you use center diff on 3s?

I'll have to check but i believe i do on all 3. I have pretty low KV motors on them.

RC Competitor
    I’ve outfitted all my slashes with the e-revo slipper clutch setup (believe that’s parts 5351 and 5352r). Then add on an aluminum motor mount, ive got both the King Headz and the Traxxas version. Both have been solid.

I’ve been bulletproof with this setup and running 3s and 4s.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinginter View Post
    Hi all, just burnt out a slipper clutch and looking to either straight replace or if there’s a better option to upgrade then do that. Basically it’s not been used for a good while and the bearing under the spur looks to have seized and I’ve broke part of the clutch trying to remove so gonna replace whole thing.

I’ve stumbled upon fitting an e revo slipper or an e revo with disc brake mod but can’t see an actual thread for that.

Truck isn’t mega powerful but it gets some stick

Hobbywing max 10
    3200 or 2700 motor can’t remember.
    11/54
    Proline badlands. (the normal slash size, not monster)
    3s battery

Thoughts?

Many thanks
    I have done the disc brake mod. What questions do you have?
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I have done the disc brake mod. What questions do you have?
    Is it overkill for my set up? Is it easy to do?

Thanks

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger Man View Post
    I will recommend the hot-racing slipper clutch. It can handle the 8hp my high speed car puts out so itís more than strong enough. I have the 6 smaller pads on mine.

Slipper clutch:

Small pads. (Get two sets of these)
    https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=TRX15HS;c=480

[QUOTE=Charger Man;6481316]I will recommend the hot-racing slipper clutch. It can handle the 8hp my high speed car puts out so itís more than strong enough. I have the 6 smaller pads on mine.

Slipper clutch:

Looks like a solid option but parts donít appear to be available in the UK.

Maybe revo clutch it for quick fix and import those parts for future.

[QUOTE=Kinginter;6481379]
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger Man View Post
    I will recommend the hot-racing slipper clutch. It can handle the 8hp my high speed car puts out so it’s more than strong enough. I have the 6 smaller pads on mine.

Slipper clutch:

Looks like a solid option but parts don’t appear to be available in the UK.

Maybe revo clutch it for quick fix and import those parts for future.
    Maybe one of your friends in the states will buy one for you and mail it to you?

On the Revo slipper...I can say I like mine...and was a good upgrade for me. 2.8's and 1/8 2650. Have a second one built to put in my bug when the stock one starts to have issues. Haven't tried the HR, or the Robertson clutch, so i don't have an opinion on those.

On the a-arms...I can vouch for the slight sag with the RPM arms...but its a heavy truck too. Stock arms on my bug have held up well, and I drive it pretty hard. Will change the rear axles soon since they are starting to twist some running 3S.

So, you have several good options above. I started with the Revo upgrade since it was the cheapest.

RC Enthusiast
    I destroyed my slipper clutch after the second battery. Guess they dont adjust them from the factory. Upgraded to a revo slipper with aluminum pucks. Very happy with this setup.

Is it overkill for my set up? Is it easy to do?

Thanks
    I am running a completely stock motor system for the moment. I personally never have had a problem with the stock slipper clutch. Is it overkill? Maybe but I know that I will be putting an El Sob special motor system in it sooner or later. Think of it as preparation for the future It is not difficult to do at all!

RC Enthusiast
    I’ve replaced it with a stock slipper. I intended to upgrade to the revo clutch but ordered the wrong part and didn’t realise until I changed the pads and disc and thought that it looked really similar Lol. It turned out to be exactly the same! Oh well, I’ve got a spare now anyway and the original lasted ages.

I’ve replaced it with a stock slipper. I intended to upgrade to the revo clutch but ordered the wrong part and didn’t realise until I changed the pads and disc and thought that it looked really similar Lol. It turned out to be exactly the same! Oh well, I’ve got a spare now anyway and the original lasted ages.
    I have used the stock slipper in my trucks since my first one in January 2010! They have held up to all kinds of different motor combinations. This is my first venture into a Revo slipper.

I found the best setup to be the revo setup paired with a tmaxx brake disk. Worked on 6s and on 2s.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimdog View Post
    I found the best setup to be the revo setup paired with a tmaxx brake disk. Worked on 6s and on 2s.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk
    I am looking to upgrade my slipper clutch.

Can i use the t maxx brake disc directly onto the slash pressure plate?