RC Competitor

Question Good brand esc for 1/16 e revo

Hey everyone. I bought my 1/16 e revo as a rolling chassis from ebay, came with stock servo which I am upgrading next week to the savox mg250. I had a spare brushless motor and esc laying around from a custom build I was going to do. The motor and esc are a no name cheap chinese product, 2838 4500kv brushless motor and a 35 amp esc.

The motor is great, really powerful and doesn't get hot after 30+ mins of continuous use. Esc works fine, but isn't waterproof and I don't want to mess with dipping it in goop or anything like that, I'd rather just buy an esc that's waterproof. I also don't want to spend 80+ on the vxl3m and have to solder on a deans plug, I'm lazy.

So finally getting to my question, whats a good brand esc you recommend, that will fit no problem, for the 1/16 e revo?

RC Qualifier
    Castle mamba micro x? Someone chip in on this. I'm not an expert on 1:16. That esc is very stout for smaller vehicles I'm just not sure how big your motor is.

RC Competitor
    I have a 2383 4500kv 4 pole brushless motor. It has been absolutely awesome so far, but I think the esc that came with the motor is holding it back. I’ve seen people put 1/8, 1/5 scale esc in the mini e revo, but I plan on sticking with the smaller brushless motors, I don’t need insane power in a small rc. What about a castle sidewinder 3? Do you think that’s be a good option?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketzx1 View Post
    I have a 2383 4500kv 4 pole brushless motor. It has been absolutely awesome so far, but I think the esc that came with the motor is holding it back. I’ve seen people put 1/8, 1/5 scale esc in the mini e revo, but I plan on sticking with the smaller brushless motors, I don’t need insane power in a small rc. What about a castle sidewinder 3? Do you think that’s be a good option?
    Hate to tell you but its not possible to fit an 8th scale esc in a merv. It'd take up so much space, and youd have to pair it with a 4074 8th scale motor which is about the length of the chassis itself. A fifth scale esc is the size of the truck itself. 10th scale esc's, yes, maybe you can fit one, and its motor, its been done. Sidewinder 3 is a 10th scale esc so id check out an install... a quick google search can go a long way.

Sidewinders work very well in a mini. I fashioned a custom plate and mounted the ESC vertically. Some put the ESC in one of the battery bays, but I didn’t want to do that much cutting of the chassis.
    The limitation on motor size of the mini is not ESC or battery size but rather the amount of power the differential can handle. They’re rather small vehicles so don’t expect Herculean feats. Too large of a motor will just be wasted.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °