RC poster

Question Is overcharging a possible problem?

I recently purchased a 3S LiPo (https://traxxas.com/products/parts/b...ah-111v-3S-25C), and I want to make sure that I'm completely familiar with the battery before I try to use it. One question that I had with my NiMH battery (which I never really got answered) is if it's possible to accidentally overcharge it.

Side note: I also purchased the EZ-Peak Plus 4-amp LiPo/NiMH charger.

Let say that I fully charge my LiPo, but then forget about it for a few days. When I come back, would it be OK to plug it back in to check if it's still a full charge?

I know that with my 4-amp Peak Detecting NiMH charger, if you were to plug a fully charged battery in, it would simply say that it was at 25%, then proceed to attempt to charge it. (This is how I ruined my NiMH).

Any advice would be appreciated!

RC Qualifier
    You don’t want to leave lipos sitting around if possible. Charge it up and use it or place it into storage mode. If not they will puff and you’ll not have good batteries anymore. As far as overcharging them, the small white plug is a balance lead and needs to be plugged into your charger as well, this way the cells get charged correctly and are balanced as they should be. The charger knows when they are charged up and won’t let them or shouldn’t let them overcharge. Same with your NIMH. Just make sure you have a decent charger that can “balance charge” your lipos and also has storage mode for when you are not going to use them for more then a couple days. Hope this helps.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by scooterT12 View Post
    I recently purchased a 3S LiPo (https://traxxas.com/products/parts/b...ah-111v-3S-25C), and I want to make sure that I'm completely familiar with the battery before I try to use it. One question that I had with my NiMH battery (which I never really got answered) is if it's possible to accidentally overcharge it.

Side note: I also purchased the EZ-Peak Plus 4-amp LiPo/NiMH charger.

Let say that I fully charge my LiPo, but then forget about it for a few days. When I come back, would it be OK to plug it back in to check if it's still a full charge?

I know that with my 4-amp Peak Detecting NiMH charger, if you were to plug a fully charged battery in, it would simply say that it was at 25%, then proceed to attempt to charge it. (This is how I ruined my NiMH).

Any advice would be appreciated!
    Yea. If you plug it in, it'll charge for like half a second and then shut off. Also 222 is right on letting lipos sit. Don't let them sit.