Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    RC Competitor

traxxas charging adapters

hi,

just recently bought a new Dual ID charger. while I have newer traxxas id lipo`s,

I have a few of Gens Ace 2s 5000mah with deans connectors. cant seem to find any adapters
    that go from deans to the newer gray traxxas oval shaped plugs for the dual id charger.

anyone know if someone sells these or even if there out there?

thanks!

Traxxas does not sell the iD connectors separately. The iD is compatible with the legacy High Current ones and those are becoming hard to come by as well.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    I do have a couple of new Venom batts. that have 4 connectors w/ them. one of which is for use w/ the traxxas id charger.

I did see a deans to xt60 connector. and since the venom`s come with an xt60 already on them, I could just use the deans to xt60 conn. and put the venom`s traxxas adapter on the end. I`d assume that would work since they are all high current.

Over the past two days, I've received calls from a Gens Ace rep, as well as an SMC rep. In short, SMC sells batteries with the 1st-Gen Traxxas high-current connector, while neither batteries with the 2nd-Gen high-current connector. This is because Traxxas has a patent on both connectors, and +at least for another few years) refuses to sell the 2nd-Gen connector to 3rd-party manufacturers. As for adapters, I'd suggest contacting SMC. While I don't see a Deans-to-Traxxas adapter, I do know they have battery adapters for connecting 3rd-party batteries to Traxxas chargers/ESC. Just because it's not listed doesn't mean they don't have, or can't make, them.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Competitor
    thanks. I was reading about how traxxas wont sell conn/adapt. because of patent.(cornering the market)
    I think its selfish and hurts the entire rc business but what the heck do I know lol!

anyhow, thnx for the info. I`ll take a look at SMC

Quote Originally Posted by lx2008 View Post
    I think its selfish and hurts the entire rc business but what the heck do I know lol!
    Well, there is a reason. Even the other connectors, as some point, had a patent, and the patent-holder had the option of licensing and/or selling the connectors to other manufacturers, or "holding it for themselves" for a few years before allowing others manufacturers to produce them. It's part of the "game". Companies spend huge amounts of money developing something, and so they want a decent return on the R&D before licensing to others begins. Honestly, there's nothing won't with that.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC poster
    The deans to traxxas legacy adapters can be found on Amazon.

RC Competitor
    EREVO41,

I thought I saw these. was not sure of two things...these are square shaped ends( look like gen 1)
    I have a brand new dual id charger and the openings for plugs are oval shaped just like the ends that came with my new venom batteries. will those adapters on amazon fit in the dual id charger?( the adapters that came with the venom`s are gray and shaped like gen 2 ends & and DO fit in the charger). also, are the legacy adpts. of "high current" design?

thanks!