RC poster

Stampede 4X$ VXL vs Rustler 4X4 VXL?

A little about me...

I was into nitro trucks back in the day. I had the original T-Maxx then. I haven't had anything R/C for a while now. I'm 33 now and looking to get back into things on the electric side. I would like something I can have fun with out of the box. I am have been trying to look at the differences between the Stampede 4X4 VXL and the Rustler 4X4 VXL. They both are $399 on the Traxxas site.

I plan on mostly running around the neighborhood, going to the local lake/woods for sand riding, dirt hill climbing and running along the mud trails. Maybe a little bit of jumping. I'm near the Portland and Vancouver, WA area.

I'm leaning toward the Stampede for the off-road capabilities over the Rustler. I wish a new and improved E-Maxx was an option. What are the thoughts out there?

I have a nitro Revo as well as a Slash 2wd and have been looking at the Rustler 4x4 ever since it was announced.

Personal preference. I haven't liked the look of the body/chassis relation with the Stampede. I have liked the look of a Slash 4x4 with the Stampede tires. If you are looking to do what you mentioned then a Stampede may be in your favor as it has nearly 3" of ground clearance compared to the Rustler's 1.1".
    The Super Derecho

...or an X-Maxx?
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Competitor
    Rustler all the way

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    I have a nitro Revo as well as a Slash 2wd and have been looking at the Rustler 4x4 ever since it was announced.

Personal preference. I haven't liked the look of the body/chassis relation with the Stampede. I have liked the look of a Slash 4x4 with the Stampede tires. If you are looking to do what you mentioned then a Stampede may be in your favor as it has nearly 3" of ground clearance compared to the Rustler's 1.1".
    I agree with the P4de body and chassis issue. I do have mine now, with some work, sitting much lower. . The P4de has proved to be a tough truck.