RC poster

Racing stock slash on small tight corner bullring

Hi guys,
    A track near me is starting a new class. Stock slash’s with no upgrades what so ever. We will be running the stock brushed motor and stock tires. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to do with shocks or a good starting point as far as setup? So far playing with the stock truck on a track similar in size the truck struggles getting through the corner and making any straightaway speed.

TIA,
    trmotorsports23

RC Qualifier
    What surface are you running on?

RC poster
    We are racing on a painted concrete floor. The track always seems to have a decent amount of bite.

RC Qualifier
    If you are pushing through the corners keep the stock 30wt in the front and add heavier oil in the back shocks. Also, maybe "sauce" the front tires and leave the backs natural.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    You may want to try different shock locations left to right to make the rt front more progressive than the left front. Also try changing camber settings(I've actually had pretty good results with slight positive camber on the right front... Weird I know lol) to try to get more steering.

One more idea is to eliminate (glue together) the servo saver. Its not good for the plastic stock gears, but it can increase steering...

https://www.dirtoval.com/Forums/g/po...5/Tuning-Guide
    Last edited by rag6; 01-13-2019 at 02:19 PM.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...