RC poster

Stampede 2wd Lights

I just bought a 2wd stampede. So far I've bought a wheelie bar for it. I'd like to add a front bumper, and some lights that simply plug into the receiver. I'm going to purchase the raptor body for it. I dont neccessary want lights on the body, just because the wires would get annoying whenever taking the body off, although headlights, tail lights, and roof lights look awesome. Also considered under lighting. What light/ front bumper set ups will work for this truck? I am new to the RC world

Welcome to the Forum! I have a few P2des but none with lights. I'd like to see what you find out as I'm interested in this as well. I know there are some options for the bumpers that have holes in the front. I've seen some really cool builds on this forum that have done this.

I really like the slash front bumper. You do need to cut off a couple of protrusions on the middle bumper piece but it isn't difficult. Here it is, and there may be a light bar settup that is made to fit in there...you'll have to search and see.

A lot of folks go with an RPM bumper, but the angle of the bumper may not project the light where you want it:

Here's a T-bone bumper on the left and the slash on the right:

I'm pretty sure there are light kits that are made to fit certain bumpers. If I were to choose one for lights, I'd probably go with the T-bone due to the vertical face of the bumper, this way your lights would be pointed in the right direction.

Let us know if you need help with a forum search! Welcome again!
    MTFBWY

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnergy View Post

+1 on the Slash bumpers on Stampedes.
    I spy double shocks. Me likey...

P.S. there are lights that direct fit those Slash bumpers and prob. the T Bone as well...

Well, Simplicity, have you selected a bumper yet? Let us know what you figure out.

Fortune, that was before I switched the arms to flm, but that was fun todo with shocks. This is the latest iteration:

MTFBWY

RC poster
    I ended up with the RPM Slash front bumper (yes I know that is cliche, but I like the looks of that bumper the most)
    I bought the L.E.Ds that Traxxas makes for the stampede 4x4 and I drilled it into the RPM bumper. They look fricken awesome and are actually very bright. Only costs $15
    I'd like to post pics, but my posting permissions say I cant post attachments, maybe because I'm on my cell phone?

RC poster
    I just purchased the same truck, and found a nice LED light set from Common Sense RC. Installation was super easy, and the wires were pretty easy to tame and keep out of the way using some zip ties. I paid $23 for it. It has 4 different lighting options that you can select from by the push off a button. Well worth the money! Looks amazing!! I also added a light bar to the top of the truck for added looks...which was $15. Both lights plugged directly into the receiver. All of my lights went directly into the body. I tried the light bar on the bumper, but thought it looked better on top of the stock body.
    Last edited by stevehamm; 01-21-2019 at 06:29 PM.