RC Enthusiast

Need to beat a friends truck and put him in his place

Ok so my friend thinks that his arrma senton 6s is gods gift to the rc world and he wont quit talking trash on my sl4sh i know his truck is nice but it gets on my nerves that he thinks just because it has plastic parts its junk mine can do the same stuff his does (i run 3s he runs 6s) and mines withstanded way harder crashes then his. (Funny story) he even got a little too cocky and purposely drove his truck into my pool and it sank to the bottom and made excuses when his electronics broke hahaha (servo and radio) so im just wondering what upgrades to do to make mine as bullet proof as it needs to be and maybe a good 4s setup if anyone has any recommendations
    Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    You can put a Sidewinder 8th or mamba x in there with a castle motor, but then you’ll start breaking a lot of stuff. You’re comparing apples to oranges.

Also what is wrong with your friend.. driving his car into a pool???? Someone support me on this.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeeenuuutt View Post
    You can put a Sidewinder 8th or mamba x in there with a castle motor, but then you’ll start breaking a lot of stuff. You’re comparing apples to oranges.

Also what is wrong with your friend.. driving his car into a pool???? Someone support me on this.
    Hes the type of guy to not care about money the car was literally a week old when he drove it in the pool and he bought the senton cause he liked my slash and he wanted to 1up me he always loved my slash and hed beg to drive it hahaha but once he got that senton its nothing but trash talk
    Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Gotcha. Also watch your arrma talk. That stuff isn’t taken well here.

RC Enthusiast
    Dont worry i would never doubt my slash hahaha its the best rc ive owned
    Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Clarifying question..... are you just wanting to make it durable for bashing?
    Is beating him defined that yours didnt break, or do you need to be able to reach "X" speed.

Be careful about modifications. Most add weight to the truck and ultimately transfer the problem to another spot.
    Example if you have aluminum a-arms then you break the attachment point on the bulk head instead of breaking a $3.00 a-arm. RPM a-arms are softer and can create loads on the axle, causing breaks. There always needs to be an engineered weak point, AND it is best to have it be easily accessed and CHEAP!

Another example (1 upgrade deserves another):
    I had a Mamba monster setup (MM2 esc and Castle 2200kv motor) This required new batteries (60.00-140.00)
    Tons of power on 3 to 6s, but then needed a slipper clutch upgrade or eliminator. It then needed Mod 1 gears, then better axles (MIP X-duty). Due to all the new weight it then needed GTR shocks and e-revo springs. Then I needed 17mm hex wheels to handle the power and better tires. It quickly snow balls into a beast.

-Liberty
    Last edited by LibertyMKiii; 01-11-2019 at 12:24 AM.

Liberty, have we met?

that sounded really familiar!!

NoahP, keep your rig light and strong. Get a nice light-weight 3s battery and outdrive him! Check out some Sl4sh builds if you need further ideas.
    MTFBWY

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnergy View Post
    Liberty, have we met?

that sounded really familiar!!
    I don't believe so. My name is actually Liberty so..... not too many people with that name.

Specifically what do you mean by that?
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Think he means or is saying to keep an eye on what other companies vehicles you speak of or post about. That is all. He is trying to keep others from getting into trouble. Nothing more.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    Think he means or is saying to keep an eye on what other companies vehicles you speak of or post about. That is all. He is trying to keep others from getting into trouble. Nothing more.
    This man is correct

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    lol, I remember a thread EXACTLY like this one, by a different user.........

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyMKiii View Post
    Clarifying question..... are you just wanting to make it durable for bashing?
    Is beating him defined that yours didnt break, or do you need to be able to reach "X" speed.

Be careful about modifications. Most add weight to the truck and ultimately transfer the problem to another spot.
    Example if you have aluminum a-arms then you break the attachment point on the bulk head instead of breaking a $3.00 a-arm. RPM a-arms are softer and can create loads on the axle, causing breaks. There always needs to be an engineered weak point, AND it is best to have it be easily accessed and CHEAP!

Another example (1 upgrade deserves another):
    I had a Mamba monster setup (MM2 esc and Castle 2200kv motor) This required new batteries (60.00-140.00)
    Tons of power on 3 to 6s, but then needed a slipper clutch upgrade or eliminator. It then needed Mod 1 gears, then better axles (MIP X-duty). Due to all the new weight it then needed GTR shocks and e-revo springs. Then I needed 17mm hex wheels to handle the power and better tires. It quickly snow balls into a beast.

-Liberty
    I will try to get there one mod at a time haha i might start with the drivetrain upgrades forst then work my way up to the big 8th scale motors like first get stronger slipper then axles and gears and some shocks then eventually once my motor dies or if i ever get bored of it a new castle system 4s or 6s and a 17mm hex wheel set up
    Slash 4x4