Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    39

    Need to beat a friends truck and put him in his place

    Ok so my friend thinks that his arrma senton 6s is gods gift to the rc world and he wont quit talking trash on my sl4sh i know his truck is nice but it gets on my nerves that he thinks just because it has plastic parts its junk mine can do the same stuff his does (i run 3s he runs 6s) and mines withstanded way harder crashes then his. (Funny story) he even got a little too cocky and purposely drove his truck into my pool and it sank to the bottom and made excuses when his electronics broke hahaha (servo and radio) so im just wondering what upgrades to do to make mine as bullet proof as it needs to be and maybe a good 4s setup if anyone has any recommendations
    Slash 4x4

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    943
    You can put a Sidewinder 8th or mamba x in there with a castle motor, but then you’ll start breaking a lot of stuff. You’re comparing apples to oranges.


    Also what is wrong with your friend.. driving his car into a pool???? Someone support me on this.

  3. #3
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeeenuuutt View Post
    You can put a Sidewinder 8th or mamba x in there with a castle motor, but then you’ll start breaking a lot of stuff. You’re comparing apples to oranges.


    Also what is wrong with your friend.. driving his car into a pool???? Someone support me on this.
    Hes the type of guy to not care about money the car was literally a week old when he drove it in the pool and he bought the senton cause he liked my slash and he wanted to 1up me he always loved my slash and hed beg to drive it hahaha but once he got that senton its nothing but trash talk
    Slash 4x4

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    943
    Gotcha. Also watch your arrma talk. That stuff isn’t taken well here.

  5. #5
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeeenuuutt View Post
    Gotcha. Also watch your arrma talk. That stuff isn’t taken well here.
    Dont worry i would never doubt my slash hahaha its the best rc ive owned
    Slash 4x4

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    546
    Clarifying question..... are you just wanting to make it durable for bashing?
    Is beating him defined that yours didnt break, or do you need to be able to reach "X" speed.

    Be careful about modifications. Most add weight to the truck and ultimately transfer the problem to another spot.
    Example if you have aluminum a-arms then you break the attachment point on the bulk head instead of breaking a $3.00 a-arm. RPM a-arms are softer and can create loads on the axle, causing breaks. There always needs to be an engineered weak point, AND it is best to have it be easily accessed and CHEAP!

    Another example (1 upgrade deserves another):
    I had a Mamba monster setup (MM2 esc and Castle 2200kv motor) This required new batteries (60.00-140.00)
    Tons of power on 3 to 6s, but then needed a slipper clutch upgrade or eliminator. It then needed Mod 1 gears, then better axles (MIP X-duty). Due to all the new weight it then needed GTR shocks and e-revo springs. Then I needed 17mm hex wheels to handle the power and better tires. It quickly snow balls into a beast.

    -Liberty
    Last edited by LibertyMKiii; 01-11-2019 at 12:24 AM.

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier Synnergy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Orygun
    Posts
    780
    Liberty, have we met?



    that sounded really familiar!!





    NoahP, keep your rig light and strong. Get a nice light-weight 3s battery and outdrive him! Check out some Sl4sh builds if you need further ideas.
    MTFBWY

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnergy View Post
    Liberty, have we met?

    that sounded really familiar!!
    I don't believe so. My name is actually Liberty so..... not too many people with that name.

  9. #9
    Marshal Double G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,082
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeeenuuutt View Post
    Gotcha. Also watch your arrma talk. That stuff isn’t taken well here.
    Specifically what do you mean by that?
    The Super Derecho

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    716
    Think he means or is saying to keep an eye on what other companies vehicles you speak of or post about. That is all. He is trying to keep others from getting into trouble. Nothing more.

  11. #11
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    943
    Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    Think he means or is saying to keep an eye on what other companies vehicles you speak of or post about. That is all. He is trying to keep others from getting into trouble. Nothing more.
    This man is correct

  12. #12
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    9,244
    lol, I remember a thread EXACTLY like this one, by a different user.........

  13. #13
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyMKiii View Post
    Clarifying question..... are you just wanting to make it durable for bashing?
    Is beating him defined that yours didnt break, or do you need to be able to reach "X" speed.

    Be careful about modifications. Most add weight to the truck and ultimately transfer the problem to another spot.
    Example if you have aluminum a-arms then you break the attachment point on the bulk head instead of breaking a $3.00 a-arm. RPM a-arms are softer and can create loads on the axle, causing breaks. There always needs to be an engineered weak point, AND it is best to have it be easily accessed and CHEAP!

    Another example (1 upgrade deserves another):
    I had a Mamba monster setup (MM2 esc and Castle 2200kv motor) This required new batteries (60.00-140.00)
    Tons of power on 3 to 6s, but then needed a slipper clutch upgrade or eliminator. It then needed Mod 1 gears, then better axles (MIP X-duty). Due to all the new weight it then needed GTR shocks and e-revo springs. Then I needed 17mm hex wheels to handle the power and better tires. It quickly snow balls into a beast.

    -Liberty
    I will try to get there one mod at a time haha i might start with the drivetrain upgrades forst then work my way up to the big 8th scale motors like first get stronger slipper then axles and gears and some shocks then eventually once my motor dies or if i ever get bored of it a new castle system 4s or 6s and a 17mm hex wheel set up
    Slash 4x4

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •