RC poster

Emaxx Drivetrain Hop Ups

Hey Guys,

I just install a brush-less motor inside my 3903 emaxx. I was wondering if anyone has had issues with the drive train system from the torque of the brush-less. I was going to order the steel driveshafts 5451r do you think they are necessary? Any other suggestions?

RC Enthusiast
    I'm still using my 3905 without any issues having converted it to brushless several months ago.

I didn't make any other changes at all. It has only been run on 4S.

I know there are plenty of things you can do to beef up the drivetrain and there's a wealth of knowledge on here that can advise you.

From my own experience, I'd say wait until something breaks first and then upgrade it to something that isn't gonna break so easily.

I put in stronger bulkheads - as they're a known weakness - and lots of RPM bits to cut down impact related damage.

I know the diffs are the ultimate week point on the E-Maxx but have no experience of that, as yet.

Sent from my S55 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Thanks for the advice. I have rpm shock towers and am waiting for the bulkheads in the mail.

RC Enthusiast
    Sounds like you're on the right track then!

What system did you install?

RC poster
    I installed a track-star system 2300kv motor w120a ESC. Thing is spooky fast with a 24/68 gear ratio. I sheared teeth off both the servos today when i rolled the truck doing about 55. must of rolled 15-20 times before it stopped. So i am waiting some some new servo gears. Luckily that is the only thing that seems broke.