RC poster

Foam Came Out of Tire

I was running my Rustler 4x4 VXL on pavement with the speed gear and 3s lipo batteries. The tires must have gotten nicked or whatever but the foam came out of the tiny hole ruining my day. What is a good replacement tire? Should I stick with the factory tires? Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    MD

RC Competitor
    Hi, Sorry this happend, probably just a fluke so don't let it get u down. I would just stick with the stock tires expecially since u still have good ones. I would pick up some new take offs on ebay. That way u will have extras in the future.

Don't forget to check all you current tires/wheel for gaps and reseal them with CA glue (and up-coming new tires/wheels as well).
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC poster
    This exact same thing happened to me like 2 hours ago. I had just put the 17 tooth gear in and was out testing it. It flipped over so I decided to test the self righting feature. Right after it flipped itself back over, I walked closer and noticed the foam hanging out of the tire through a big hole. I was on black top road when it happened. I just bought this rusty 2 days ago and only have like 1.5hrs run time on it. I’m gonna see if it is warranteed.

RC Enthusiast
    My Rustler 4x4 VXL is new also. The third time I took it out One Of the tire beads came unglued from the wheel and foam was hanging out. I reglued it with CA glue and also vented all 4 tires and taped off the vents in the wheels. I read on the forum that this will avoid further tire damage.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH P. View Post
    My Rustler 4x4 VXL is new also. The third time I took it out One Of the tire beads came unglued from the wheel and foam was hanging out. I reglued it with CA glue and also vented all 4 tires and taped off the vents in the wheels. I read on the forum that this will avoid further tire damage.
    Put a brand new 1 day (1 pack) ran, set of 4 proline badlands 2.8" M2 tires on brand new all star black chrome wheels. And same thing happened! Mind you, i got the new tires because SAME THING happened to stock talon ext's, though i had like 5-8 packs in that set

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk