RC Enthusiast

Will this body fit the bandit? If so give me instructions please.

Hello, First off Iím a Noob. Therefore, Iíve never had Traxxas products, not have I ever modded a Traxxas RC RC. So, Iíve been wondering, I just got the bandit VXL w/ TSM. I thought to myself this thing would look good with a strong roll cage and I might be able to add metal plates onto it. So, I asked the forum community, a person said that the Integy RC Model Hop-ups T8090 Steel Roll Cage Body for Rustler 2WD XL5 / VXL would do good. I donít think he acknowledged my entire post... he sent me a link for a roll cage for the rustler. Although, I know that the rustler and bandit have a very similar chassis, therefore most things for the Traxxas Rustler can go on the bandit, So I want to make sure Iím getting the right product for the bandit VXL. If it needs a handful of modifications. Please tell me how I can mod the RC bandit VXL so the roll cage can fit, when I decide to purchase one. Thanks have a nice day to anybody seeing this post.

P.S: Be aware, I use a 4000mAh 11.1v 3-Cell 25C LiPo Battery. So if I need to mod anything so the battery will fit, tell me.

Will this body fit the bandit? If so give me instructions please.

Well, first off youíre not quite accurate in your description of the Rustler and Bandit chassis similarity. They arenít similar, they are IDENTICAL. Same part number. To get to a difference anywhere it matters with a body, you need to look at the Rustler front body mount, which a Bandit lacks. So if the rollcage mounted to that, youíd have to add one. However, it looks like the cage mounts to the stock screws that hold the top and bottom chassis pieces together, so there should be nothing that interferes on a Bandit that wouldnít on a Rustler.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = į

RC Enthusiast
    Okay, thanks for the reply! Also, as said before, I’m a noobie lol.

RC Enthusiast
    So to be sure, you’re saying that it should work ? Right?

RC Racer
    Has anyone fitted an Integy rollcage to a rustler or bandit and can show pics?

You can always fit a rustler body, front body mount and save a heap of unwanted weight....

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    monster truck body eg. Stampede, bigfoot, craniac can all fit bandit, study the exploded veiws, get some stampede/craniac adjustable body mounts and with a range of arms available esp rpm rustler wide a-arm plus big 2.8 tyres anything is possible....

Buggy all the way for me! Fast, light, agile n nimble

Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasOffRoad View Post
    So to be sure, you’re saying that it should work ? Right?
    "Should" is one of my least favorite words. IF the mounting assumptions I made are correct, then I cannot see a way it wouldn't fit. However, I have not been able to find a photo, video, written tutorial, or manufacturer manual (HA!!!) that confirms what I see. The video found here seems to corroborate my guesses.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = į

RC Enthusiast
    Thank you very much everybody for helping me. Earlier, I noticed I’m posting quite frequently. I get annoying.. I know. I get annoying because of my social world. I don’t have many friends in school because, I’m more of the kid who doesn’t have a lot of friends because I have leg braces, and other diseases, disorders, etc. I’ve been made fun of ever since 5th grade, when they found out I had a FORM of MD (muscular dystrophy). I was also born with worse things I’d rather not talk about. So if I get annoying, please tell me. I don’t want to annoy you all, and cause interruptions. Sorry. Have a good day! DO NOT FEEL BAD FOR ME. As for, there are worse things upon Earth. I’m trying my best NOT to get annoying.

RC Enthusiast
    As part of that plan to not be annoying is, I’m posting 1 time a week.
    My question this week is, If I change the rear axle and convert to hubs. Will I have to switch any spur or pinion gears? I heard that you will have to buy then switch to the 86t spur gear, as well as the 16t Pinion gear. It was to prevent/keep the bandit from overheating.

RC Enthusiast
    Good looking car Sparrow. What wheel/tire combo is that? Did you have to change the hex size?

Whatup TraxxasOffRoad!

I hope you post more than once/week!! Annoying people here should be the last of your concerns. I LOVE seeing and hearing what people are doing, and I love sharing what I am doing...it is super fun. I look forward to sharing your adventure. If someone is annoyed by you posting they probably will just not reply...but that isn't a big deal...just post away.

One thing I was thinking about your first post regarding a roll cage is weight. The heavier it is the harder it falls and this will lead to more broken parts. So, depending on where you are driving, jumps, etc. you may NOT want to make it heavier. I love buggies! I also really like the bandit/rustler platform/chassis...you can make it into a bunch of different styles! I looked into that integy roll cage, it looks like when you have that installed that you leave the body off? Is that what you were thinking?
    MTFBWY

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rivalrider View Post
    Good looking car Sparrow. What wheel/tire combo is that? Did you have to change the hex size?
    Thanks, 1/8 scale wheel/tyre with Traxxas 17mm adaptors #5853x. Runs slash arms, 4x4 hd axles, b6.1d wing mount and rpm nitro slash front shock tower plus heaps of other little bits and mods.

Got a little 3650 5200kv in there at 16/90, way too fast and gets a bit warm, going back to a 3652 4000kv as summer here in Oz @ 40+ degrees....

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnergy View Post
    Whatup TraxxasOffRoad!

I hope you post more than once/week!! Annoying people here should be the last of your concerns. I LOVE seeing and hearing what people are doing, and I love sharing what I am doing...it is super fun. I look forward to sharing your adventure. If someone is annoyed by you posting they probably will just not reply...but that isn't a big deal...just post away.

One thing I was thinking about your first post regarding a roll cage is weight. The heavier it is the harder it falls and this will lead to more broken parts. So, depending on where you are driving, jumps, etc. you may NOT want to make it heavier. I love buggies! I also really like the bandit/rustler platform/chassis...you can make it into a bunch of different styles! I looked into that integy roll cage, it looks like when you have that installed that you leave the body off? Is that what you were thinking?
    Second that, always happy to help to have fun!