RC poster

Oba and park button not working

Hello all
    I bought my first RC today Slash4x4 ultimate.
    At first everything was working sound and park button. I downloaded traxxas link app and receive note about update I did it and know when turn on park button doesn't work and there no sound. When turn off thers some sound like unplugging jack from working speakers. Olso everything is connected. Please help guys

You may need to recalibrate the radio to the esc. This can be done by following the instructions in the picture below.
    Once that is done power everything on including the oba module and follow the instructions in this next picture.
    If that doesnít work maybe some others will chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Charger Man; 01-12-2019 at 01:27 PM.
    115 mph Heavily Moddified Slash 4x4 on 6s

RC poster
    Thx for help it didn't work sometimes once I turn on one module I'd blinking green sometimes still green. I'm trying to set one module but with no succes

Quote Originally Posted by manher View Post
    Thx for help it didn't work sometimes once I turn on one module I'd blinking green sometimes still green. I'm trying to set one module but with no succes
    It's been quite some time since I've dealt with a Traxxas esc, tho if memory serves blinking green means your neutral points are off.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC poster
    Hi, i have same problem. Slash 4x4 VXL. It is problem with last update traxxas link (20.12.2018) .
    Everything works fine, i drive normal. But when i updating, sound OBA not working and parking mode on receiver not working, only drive at the top and bottom positions.
    Answer from Traxxas :,,It does sound like an update issue.* Hopefully they fix it on the next update."
    Last edited by pasis; 01-14-2019 at 12:26 AM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by pasis View Post
    Hi, i have same problem. Slash 4x4 VXL. It is problem with last update traxxas link (20.12.2018) .
    Everything works fine, i drive normal. But when i updating, sound OBA not working and parking mode on receiver not working, only drive at the top and bottom positions.
    Answer from Traxxas :,,It does sound like an update issue.* Hopefully they fix it on the next update."
    Did you called them? Please share some more info if you can

RC poster

I sended email to Traxxasís support. They answered. We must wait for fix. They know it.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-14-2019 at 10:42 AM.

RC poster
    I'm having the same problem as well. I bought a Slash 4x4 with OBA then just recently it just stopped working but the green light was blinking before on the sound module but now it's solid green. I still get no audio.

Mine has the most recent update but I have a castle system installed and an external bec and aftermarket savox servo on my slash 4x4. I just tried mine and the park/neutral and drive works like normal with sound. I have audio but thatís where it goes downhill. Through the speakers I can hear my servo motor noise amplified through the speakers in the body. Really weird...

RC poster
    Hi. Today's update. It's working yeah!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pasis View Post
    Hi. Today's update. It's working yeah!!!!!!!
    Are you on android and got an update for the TraxxasLink app or what? I have apple and I donít see any update for the TraxxasLink app yet...

***EDIT***
    I just went to the google play store and the android app is updated already. I hope they release the update for apple soon!

Last edited by Charger Man; 01-17-2019 at 12:42 PM.

I literally just hit refresh and the update for apple is here now. I just hope it works!

RC poster
    I hope. Good luck.
    Last edited by pasis; 01-17-2019 at 02:20 PM.

Did the update work?
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Did the update work?
    I havenít had time to try it yet

RC poster
    Yes the update worked. You have to update the App first for Apple users, not sure about Androids. Thanks everyone.

Nothing seams different other than the receiver temperature gauge doesnít work now. The receiver voltage reading is fine, just not temperature from the receiver temp sensor. My temperature sensor from the telemetry expander works tho.....

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger Man View Post
    You may need to recalibrate the radio to the esc. This can be done by following the instructions in the picture below.
    Once that is done power everything on including the oba module and follow the instructions in this next picture.
    If that doesnít work maybe some others will chime in.

For what it is worth, this helped me a great deal!! Here's the issue I was having:
    I no longer have the speakers for the slash. They get beat up and come apart and at $35 EACH there's no way I am going to bother to replace them.
    I pulled the OBA from the Slash and got a hair brained idea to put it in my new TRX-4 Blazer, just for the Hedes of it. I connected a speaker from an old toy.
    Everything worked except of course no 'neutral' because I refuse to give up the two-speed or one of the lockers ... and the sound was not responding to 'reverse' at all.. as in, it would rev when driven forward but nothing in reverse and would even eventually turn off, while reversing.

Based on the pic in ChargerMan's post, I reset/recalibrated the sound module, and now it's all working just fine, just of course no 'neutral'.

Thank you!
    DieCastoms.