RC poster

Lipo charging away from home

I've had a Slash for a little over a year and got an X-Maxx for Christmas. We've always run them near home so having an electrical outlet was never a problem. Now l want to load them up in my truck and run them away from the house so l need a way to charge the batteries.
    I've got 2 power supplies, 2 Hyperion 615 Duo3's and a Hyperion 720 Super Duo3 to charge 8 4s lipos and 5 2s lipos.
    What kind of portable generators are you guys running? What does your field charging set up look like? Pics would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by efis; 01-13-2019 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by efis View Post
    I've had a Slash for a little over a year and got an X-Maxx for Christmas. We've always run them near home so having an electrical outlet was never a problem. Now l want to load them up in my truck and run them away from the house so l need a way to charge the batteries.
    I've got 2 power supplies, 2 Hyperion 615 Duo3's and a Hyperion 720 Super Duo3 to charge 8 4s lipos and 5 2s lipos.
    What kind of portable generators are you guys running? What does your field charging set up look like? Pics would be greatly appreciated.

Do any of your chargers have a 12 volt power lead, if they do you can connect to your
    car battery. I have a 115v inverter in my van that I use for charging.

RC Qualifier
    Yes my triton eq charger has both AC and DC connections. It only charges at 5a max, but that is fast enough for what batteries I run. They make ones that have both, just have to look around. And as for a PS for them, I use a Megawatt 36a PS for 2 of my chargers and the Triton EQ plugs into the wall. I can also run it off a 12v battery if I am in the field as I mentioned above as itís hot both ac/dc capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich2 View Post
    I have a 115v inverter in my van that I use for charging.
    Personally, I wouldn't used an in-vehicle inverter for charging LiPo batteries, unless it's a Sine-wave inverter. A square-wave inverter would be a huge "no-go" for me, and even a modified-, or quasi-Sine wave inverter would be questionable.

Sent from planet Earth...possibly
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

I don't know what kind of DC hook-up you have on the back of your charger but I wired a couple battery clamps so I can direct-connect to my auto battery.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't used an in-vehicle inverter for charging LiPo batteries, unless it's a Sine-wave inverter. A square-wave inverter would be a huge "no-go" for me, and even a modified-, or quasi-Sine wave inverter would be questionable.

Sent from planet Earth...possibly
    Mine has worked fine for 7 years powering my chargers, wife's mobility chair battery, laptop,
    coffee maker and etc. Nothing out of the ordinary noticeable.

Sent from the Moon

RC poster
    All of my chargers can hook up to a car battery. Thanks for the info.