RC Competitor

pre- painted E-Maxx bodies.

hi fellows,
    i hope this was the right place to put this post. i have been looking to replace my beat up body on my brushless e-maxx. i guess since they stopped making this model, no one has any stock bodies( and i looked everywhere). do any of you know where i can buy a "pre-painted" emaxx body? and by pre painted i mean one that is complete with color just like if you bought a new truck from traxxas. not one of those one`s from prographix that are partially painted but still require you to finish painting them. i dont have an airbrush or even if i did i dont know how to paint them. and there are no hobby shops in a couple hundred miles near me. ( came up blank on ebay too)

i ve tried placing ads on different forums for a used body in very good condition but no answers yet.

so if you know of a website that sells color pre painted bodies for my emaxx...i sure would appreciate any help you can give me.

thank for helping!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by lx2008 View Post
    hi fellows,
    i hope this was the right place to put this post. i have been looking to replace my beat up body on my brushless e-maxx. i guess since they stopped making this model, no one has any stock bodies( and i looked everywhere). do any of you know where i can buy a "pre-painted" emaxx body? and by pre painted i mean one that is complete with color just like if you bought a new truck from traxxas. not one of those one`s from prographix that are partially painted but still require you to finish painting them. i dont have an airbrush or even if i did i dont know how to paint them. and there are no hobby shops in a couple hundred miles near me. ( came up blank on ebay too)

i ve tried placing ads on different forums for a used body in very good condition but no answers yet.

so if you know of a website that sells color pre painted bodies for my emaxx...i sure would appreciate any help you can give me.

thank for helping!
    Bro, the Traxxas ProGraphix bodies are ready to paint with a spray paint color of your choice. Pick one of the many Tamiya spray paint colors, wipe the inside of the body shell with some rubbing alcohol and spray the inside of the shell. Use a light dusted thin coat for first coat, wait 10-15 min, then spray another light coat and then another 10-15 min spray a final medium to wet coat. Let it dry and then peel the plastic coating off of the outside of the body. The plastic film that's pre-applied protects the body from over spray while you paint. It's really quite simple.

There are pre painted bodies out there for sale, but they are far from cheap and you have to cut the body post holes yourself and trim the body some to fit.

Just buy the ProGraphix body, a can rattle can of Tamiya paint and spray it. Super simple and cheap.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

lx2008, check these bodies out, if you desire: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...eDesc=0&_pgn=1

RC Competitor
    thanks but I didn't want to bother with painting . price...not a big deal. that's why I asked where to buy a pre painted one.

but thanks all the same

RC Competitor
    thanks for the link maximum!!

Okay lx2008, you're more than welcome.
    Last edited by maximum; 01-15-2019 at 08:31 PM.