RC Enthusiast

Micro servos switch on and off randomly

So I've ran 3 battery packs through my trx 4 and now the receiver light doesn't light up and the servos go crazy randomly and then start working perfectly fine again. So I'm not sure what's up there.

Also I burnt the motor up by just normal driving. Then I checked the pinion and spur mesh and it was so tight I couldnt even move the vehicle when trying to push it. I removed the motor and it rolls perfectly fine now. So I'm guessing that the mesh put a lot of unnecessary strain on the motor so I'm not mad. But should I upgrade to brushless or just get another brushed motor?

RC Competitor
    Install a Holmes Hobbies Trailmaster Sport 550 21t motor for $20 and a 9t pinion. Performs about the same as the stock motor but much better quality. Going brushless is a big step and will cost much more and you can always go that direction at a later date if you deem it necessary.

As for the RX light and servos stuttering, make sure you have good AA batteries in your TX.
    Last edited by Inspector86; 01-13-2019 at 09:46 PM.
    It's a rock, get over it!

RC Enthusiast
    I just put fresh batteries in and it still does it so not sure whats up. I emailed traxxas to see if I get a response.

RC Racer
    Are you using lipos or nimh? I had a weak nimh pack (dead, actually) and the servos would go nuts. Had to return the battery for a replacement.

Do you have a glitch buster you could plug in to see if it helps?

RC Enthusiast
    I have a brand new 2s traxxas lipo. I don't not have a glitch buster but I can buy one. I tried a different traxxas micro servo I had from a latrax vehicle and it went crazy too. I also put the servo from my stampede 4x4 and it seems fine
    Last edited by Damalife; 01-16-2019 at 11:08 AM.