The 10-Channel Question...

My current TRX4 built is going to require a lot of channels. So far, meeting all of the needs and wants in the build, I am up to 10 channels, and I am looking for options to hitting that number...

Options...
    1. Use my DX5R and DX5C. This will work, half of the functions I want to operate will only be operated when the truck is not moving, so switching radios is not that big of a deal. I have thought about using two receivers, but when you switch between two different models the servos tend to go back to neutral, which isn't desirable for this project.

2. Use one of my DX5s with a HEYOk 3-function remote (winch, 2 lights), and limit my channels to eight.

3. Get a 10-channel stick controller. This is a viable option, but I can't find any that are not configured for mode-2, and I would really prefer the left stick to center itself.

4. Hacked FlySky GT-3 with a HEYOk 3-function remote, bringing my channel count up to 11. This sounds good, but I have not seen great quality out of FlySky radios, but I might have to take a shot with one for this project. Plus, I would prefer to buy one that was already hacked with the extra controls already installed, but having problems locating them online. Sure, I could get a GT3 and do the hack myself, but I don't want it...

Thoughts, other options?
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    FlySky makes a 10 ch receiver p/n FS-IA10 and these 2 tx's look compatible (FS-GT2E, FS-GT2G) but I'm not sure if this is what your after.
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Flysky-FS-iA...oAAOSwv~1aHlO2

It is for this project... And no, not ready to let the cat out of the bad as far as what the whole mess will end up being when I am done.

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...t-In-The-Works

You might want to try one of the FrSky radios such as one from Taranis series as they have 16 channels stock and can easily be configured to mode one.

Graupner has a 32 channel radio. You can expand each channel to 16 more channels with the right telemetry module.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

Quote Originally Posted by Jimdog View Post
    Graupner has a 32 channel radio. You can expand each channel to 16 more channels with the right telemetry module.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk
    GREAT ZUES!!!! 32 channels would be awesome! But, I am not wanting to spend 1100 bones for one. I think right I am settled on two options, the Radiolink 12 channel stick radio, or a hacked GT-3 with a HeyOk 3-ch winch/light controller. That would bring my channel count up to 11. LosiKid over on RCC hacks and customizes these, so I am going to see what he can do for me.

RC Enthusiast
    I have a deviation devo f12e. That I am putting in mine 12ch stick controller with fpv under 300$ it came with a drone I have no interest in flying. It also has 4 stick modes

https://www.amazon.com/Walkera-Trans...e&dpPl=1&dpID=
    Last edited by Theguiltyflea; 01-21-2019 at 03:57 PM.