RC Enthusiast

Question Battery Comparison: run time / performance

Hey all,

Iíve had the new ERevo awhile and generally donít run on 6s due to space issues and tendency to break things.

My question is, which of these options would give me longer run times and what is the power/performance difference?

A) 2 x 3s 5000mAh (22.2 volts total) batteries run at 50% ESC setting

B) 2 x 2s 7600mAh (14.8 volts total) batteries run at 100% ESC setting

Iím thinking option ďBĒ would give a bit more power and longer run times with the above settings in place. Anyone have opinions, experience, or know how to figure it out (before I spend the $$)?

Battery Comparison: run time / performance

A will give more power and B will give more run time. With ESC at 100%

You got a 2.0 or a 1.0 ERevo?

I have been running A (ESC 100%)since the day I got it 3 years ago and itís a beast. I have the 1.0 ERevo and 6s does kill the diffs if you drive it hard. So I actually modified mine with the Losi diffs and I havenít had a diff problem for the last year.

(Just seen you want to change the ESC %, I never played with that)
    Last edited by ZUMA; 01-14-2019 at 02:24 PM.

I'm pretty sure you need 11.2v batteries. Not sure if the 7volt ones will work in the 2.0.

My vote is the option A. Cuz when u want full power u got it...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Higher mAh always give longer run time. More Volts give more RPM, therefore more speed. C rating tells you how fast that power can come out. Higher C rating it comes out faster so car has more punch.

2-of either 2s or 3s is fine. If you buy as big as 7600, make sure the battery will fit in the Revo compartment.
    I fix things till they can't be fixed.

RC Qualifier
    Here's my take: never mess with the esc power setting unless you're handing the wheel over to someone inexperienced.

Those 7600mah packs will last longer. That big number is the run time. The smaller number (volts) is the amount of power your e revo will have. 2 5000mah 2s lipos will have the same run time as 2 5000mah 3s lipos, but those 3s lipos have 22.2 volts total, and the 2s lipos only have 14.8 volts total, so you will be down about a third of the power. 7600mah 2s lipos will run much longer than 5000mah 3s lipos, because 7600 is greater than 5000, but you will only have 14.8 volts, compared to those 3s batteries with 22.2. Hope that makes sense.

And let me clarify, the e revo 2.0 has no issue running 6s and 6s only. The 1.0 had a lot of issues running 6s. Both e revos can run on 4s (14.8V) but to be honest, if you have the 2.0, I'd shoot for that 6s lipo.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the responses thus far, however I still don’t have a clear answer. I understand mAh affects run time and Voltage affects power.

I’m wondering how a 6s 5000 mAh battery at 50% ESC compares with a 4s 7600 mAh battery at 100% ESC?

RC Qualifier
    ... well, because youíre running 50% power, multiply 5000 by 2. Thatís 10000mah. 10000mah is more than 7600mah. I still donít see why youíd use this feature for a full run. Ruins the fun, but if you wish, go for it. Just realize then youíll be running the car on 11.1v and itíll be a complete dog.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RCzRfun View Post
    Thanks for the responses thus far, however I still don’t have a clear answer. I understand mAh affects run time and Voltage affects power.

I’m wondering how a 6s 5000 mAh battery at 50% ESC compares with a 4s 7600 mAh battery at 100% ESC?
    Your run time will be forever. Your fun time will be zero. Its a big heavy car. It won't run worth while at that power level.
    I fix things till they can't be fixed.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Zone 5 View Post
    Your run time will be forever. Your fun time will be zero. Its a big heavy car. It won't run worth while at that power level.
    Very well put!

RC Racer
    The point of running 6S is to have the extra voltage which makes the motor go faster. Faster motor means faster tire spin. And well, that means more fun(and broken car parts). I would really recommend staying away from objects that maybrun into the car. Now, you can limit the ESC, but it defeats the entire purpose of the higher voltages
    Unless.. you want to accelerate fromstop to 30 in a split second. You will get good run times. But you’d actually have far more fun with the 2s pack at 7400.
    Really, don’t try and over think it. 2 x 2S at 7400 = good quick moving fun with a little bit less damage.
    2 x 3S at 5000 = bat outta fun with fair runtime, unless you break something. Then battery life becomes moot.
    I love some 6s playtime, but really 4S for me, is where I can really bash around and not be way too worried about breakage.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-17-2019 at 03:57 PM.