RC Enthusiast

Slash 4x4 shocks

I have stock shocks on my slash I believe they are ultra shocks and had a tumble and the bottom piston came out of the threaded shock base, will those threads still hold and if so any way to get repackment spring retainers?

Welcome to the forum and the addiction! You are among a group of people who share the love of the Traxxas Slash 4x4! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Remember we are here to help!

I recommend that you get a set of aluminum caps for your shocks. The threads will be fine. Everyone that has had the Ultra shocks has felt your pain.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Enthusiast
    I had the lady pick up some pro line power stroke shocks so hopefully these will last and take a beating

RC Competitor
    Just be glad u don't have the gtr shocks there is no aluminum caps for them yet ,no big jumps for my ultimate till they come in , don't wanna slime everthing

Quote Originally Posted by relic01 View Post
    Just be glad u don't have the gtr shocks there is no aluminum caps for them yet ,no big jumps for my ultimate till they come in , don't wanna slime everthing
    Shock caps have never been an issue for the GTR's, only the Ultra's; no aluminum caps will be necessary unless your going for the aesthetics.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    Shock caps have never been an issue for the GTR's, only the Ultra's; no aluminum caps will be necessary unless your going for the aesthetics.
    I agree. I've ran GTR's on my Slash and Revo (granted due to the design it is much harder to pop a cap) and the only thing that pops off is the spring retainer on the bottom of the shaft. Never had a problem with them leaking in either.
    Last edited by Double G; 01-17-2019 at 08:58 AM.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Well that's good to hear , I just got my slash ultimate , so not exsperianced with it at all , that's why I call on u guys , been in the additcion for 25 years , but this is my first year of the battery ran rigs , so I've got a lot to learn on these rigs , I've purchased a wraith spawn rustler vxl 44 , and the slash ultimate will be my last purchase , I've got a lot I want to do to these rigs weeeeeee !!!!