RC Enthusiast

UDR Latest firmware updates

Hello,

I am not able to update my traxxas UDR via the bluetooth link module. It is looping and failing on the ESC & receiver, has anyone else managed to update this?

RC poster
    I updated the Traxxas Link app, both the transmitter and receiver this morning before going to work with no problem. I did notice it took a little longer. I will update the rest of my vehicles this evening when I get in and following up if I have any issues.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by KDW View Post
    I updated the Traxxas Link app, both the transmitter and receiver this morning before going to work with no problem. I did notice it took a little longer. I will update the rest of my vehicles this evening when I get in and following up if I have any issues.
    I updated both my ipad and android phone and tried again. Received an update for the transmitter but still would not update my ESC or receiver

RC poster
    I ran into this yesterday on my Iphone via bluetooth, I ended up having to skip the Receiver update to do the ESC update first; then you can update the Receiver. Ran into a loop of updating and verifying the receiver over and over. You can disable an update by swiping left just like deleting messages on your phone.

RC Champion
    I turned off my truck and updated just the Tx, then did the esc. Kept failing initially.
    Retired RC'r till funds can be found...:(

RC poster
    i had the same issue, it turns out I had a bad receiver. I brought my truck to traxxas and the replaced it and updated it for free. also if you have the light kit like I do, the failed update can kill the power amplifier as well. all of the replacements were free via traxxas. they can also mail you a new receiver but it can take up to 5 days to process.
    Last edited by jpdineen; 01-25-2019 at 06:46 PM.

RC Competitor
    Yes Traxxas told me my reciever is bad. Although it worked fine just wouldn't update

RC poster
    Just bought a new UDR yesterday and mine also failed to complete the updates. 2nd time around trying to update the TSM it bricked the receiver. Traxxas gave me an RMA and told me to send it in to get it fixed. Gotta go to the post office tomorrow and I think I might take the receiver out of my Maxx just so I can drive the UDR. It never left my house!
    4s Maxx
    8s X-Maxx
    UDR

RC Competitor
    Question is do we want the I update? If it only removes the option to turn off esc with switch them I'm not interested.

RC poster
    But if you skip the update can you still use the app with telemetry?
    4s Maxx
    8s X-Maxx
    UDR