RC Competitor

aftermarket parts

When you break something on the xmaxx do you replace with stock or go aftermarket?

I had my grandsons truck apart last night, cleaning it and lubing up the moving parts and noticed the steering bellcrank support was cracked and broken. I can get the stock one for $12 or by an alloy one for $37.

Do these break often?

I myself replace with stock parts. I donít like bending aluminum back into shape after a crash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    6 X-MAXX's total one built from ground up 3 8s!!!

RC Qualifier
    This part goes under a lot of stress I recommend alloy toe links bellcrank servo horn and the little link between the two. These are important because if you land a jump on the corner you with most likely brake everything again. If possible get metal gear servo p/n 2085x hot racing or atomik for alloy parts
    Last edited by Overpowerxmaxx; 01-18-2019 at 10:19 AM.

RC Competitor
    Thank you for the replys

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I went with Traxxas aluminum toe links, and GDS bell crank and Support. Theyíre both very sturdy and well made. Only time will tell. I also got HR upper arms all around because of the excessive flex of stock, too much lean in cornering. The lower a arms I left stock because Iím not easy on my truck.

RC Qualifier
    Don’t go alloy, the plastic will bend and take the hit and then return. Alloy won’t. It will ether bend and stay bent or transfer the energy to what ever it is hooked to on the other side and end up breaking that because you lost the energy reduction of not having plastic to bend and absorb the hit.

I did this with an old t-maxx. Once you start going alloy you basically have to make everything alloy.

There is a reason that Kevin on YouTube has not gone alloy. And he beats the bag out of his trucks.

RC poster
    Yeah...I followed Kev Talbot's advice and got the Muck Off MO 94 spray and made my lower arms even more flexible and I love it.

RC Competitor
    Yes, we watch him on youtube beating his trucks. I will have to watch his videos on repairing them as well.