RC poster

Possible to limit power further than training mode?

Hey all

I'm buying the Teton for my little son but it's gonna live indoors until spring. He also has to learn to drive it. My only exposure to it is what I've seen on YouTube and it SEEMS like it's still way too fast at 50% training mode.

Am I correct? And would it be possible to limit power even further? I don't mind spending a few extra bucks.

Thanks !

RC Qualifier
    You might be able to dial the throttle rate back some on your transmitter. It may pay to get a transmitter with the Bluetooth link and Traxxas app. You can then more easily dial back the throttle percentage.

RC poster
    It just occurred to me could I simply rubber band a spacer of some sort to limit the physical trigger travel? Seems like a no brainer solution now that I think about it. Any reason it won't work?
    Sorry I'm a total newborn with this stuff but I can't wait to drive it myself too haha

RC poster
    You should be able to recalibrate the transmitter and only push the throttle halfway when you set that position.

If I hadn't just blown a motor being silly I would test it for you :-)

Using the Traxxas Link Bluetooth module, along with the Link app (Android & iOS), you can virtually set the maximum speed to almost any percentage you want. Additionally, the Link & app combination allows you to update the Tx, Rx, & ESC.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    Using the Traxxas Link Bluetooth module, along with the Link app (Android & iOS), you can virtually set the maximum speed to almost any percentage you want. Additionally, the Link & app combination allows you to update the Tx, Rx, & ESC.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
    Thanks, sounds expensive? Do any of the Traxxas 1/16 or 1/18 models come with this hardware already? Maybe I should skip the Teton...

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie_N View Post
    Thanks, sounds expensive? Do any of the Traxxas 1/16 or 1/18 models come with this hardware already? Maybe I should skip the Teton...
    The tee time does not come with that.

But call Traxxas support, you might be able to put in a 6 volt pack which would have lower voltage.

Also training mode is fairly slow.

RC poster
    Just looked it up. The Bluetooth link from Traxxas is 45 dollars, but can be had for less from other vendors.

That would give you the best variability.

It could theoretically be useful later on as well.

RC poster
    I gave one to my 3 year old son. Take a piece of paper and folder it up. Then tape it behind the trigger. That plus training mode works like a charm. As you need to you can remove a fold and give him/her a little extra power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk