RC poster

Left hand steering !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called TRAXXAS to see if they had a transmitter with left hand steering and I guess I am the only person in the world that has ever brought that up to them. Why should you have to reach over the unit to steer ??? I use my right index finger for throttle and brake which i'm sure almost every right handed person does, but you can't steer with the same hand. Again, you shouldn't have to reach over the unit to steer. Other companies make their transmitters with both side steering. I end up turning the unit upside down and then I can steer with my left hand, but that is uncomfortable. Anyway, if anyone has ever thought about that , please let me know or let them know. Thanks for your time. Ron

Why do you need left hand steering?
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Trigger left hand. Steering right hand. I’m left handed.

If you ask them, left-handed citizens are typically able to use both hands, specifically the non-dominant hand, much better than right-hand-dominant persons. Whether this is the case because of environmental factors i.e. being forced to use a myriad of devices designed for the overwhelmingly RHD population that they are more practiced at switching or whether it is because they simply have a biological advantage (they do), I’m not sure.
    I do know that LHD individuals are wired differently. They are also very intelligent, talented, and attractive. I’m not saying they’re better (they’re better) but the general populace might wonder if the lefties are indeed better (they’re better.)
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 06-14-2018 at 11:19 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    If you ask them, left-handed citizens are typically able to use both hands, specifically the non-dominant hand, much better than right-hand-dominant persons. Whether this is the case because of environmental factors i.e. being forced to use a myriad of devices designed for the overwhelmingly RHD population that they are more practiced at switching or whether it is because they simply have an biological advantage (they do), I’m not sure.
    I do know that LHD individuals are wired differently. They are also very intelligent, talented, and attractive. I’m not saying they’re better (they’re better) but the general populace might wonder if the lefties are indeed better (they’re better.)
    Now this is a good post.

I am right handed but was always told by my parents to do things with your left whenever possible. This way if you ever lose the ability to do things with your right. Let your left take over. I only have one problem with that. I never listened to them when i was younger. Honestly! I am not sure I could steer left handed. Of course with some practice. I am sure I could get use to it. Now writing something is a whole different story.

https://www.graupnerusa.com/Stick-st...ons-33400.html

They are surely out there...
    Last edited by lektro; 06-16-2018 at 03:06 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Qualifier
    If you ask them, left-handed citizens are typically able to use both hands, specifically the non-dominant hand, much better than right-hand-dominant persons. Whether this is the case because of environmental factors i.e. being forced to use a myriad of devices designed for the overwhelmingly RHD population that they are more practiced at switching or whether it is because they simply have a biological advantage (they do), I’m not sure.
    That was really good, everyone in our family is RHD but we have always trained to use both and our grandson is just a natural especially shooting a puck with both hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    That was really good, everyone in our family is RHD but we have always trained to use both and our grandson is just a natural especially shooting a puck with both hands.
    That’s unusual, but admirable. The difference with LHD citizens is that they generally have no choice but to train with both sides. It’s an immersive education rather than a elective one.

RC Qualifier
    35 + years of martial arts has a tendency of making it work left or right because you never know whats coming always train for the unexpected lol.

someone a southpaw as well?
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    someone a southpaw as well?
    I can neither confirm nor deny...

My dad was a southpaw and he played fast pitch softball when he was younger. Pitched and wrote with his right hand...! Geppers, is was unbelievable how fast he could pitch it underhanded. Those were good days back then. My Dad died 12 years ago. I will be honest. He was not a good father when i was younger. Took my mothers passing at age 47 before we became close. Happy Fathers Day Dad!!!! I love you............ sorry guys for the mush!!!!
    Last edited by lektro; 06-17-2018 at 04:16 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

It's quite amazing how fast your body can adapt to a situation like this. I wrecked my right thumb (I'm RHD) in a car accident two years ago and just now showing the long-term effects of the injury. Have to wear a splint on it to immobilize it entirely for around three weeks now. Two and a half weeks later I'm doing a lot of my normal everyday stuff lefty with way less issue. I was a bumbling mess when I started.
    To those who deal with this on a daily basis, I salute you with a big ol' "thumbs up!"

RC poster
    I have also inquired about left hand steering. As my left hand has very limited strength and mobility due to Cerebral Palsy.
    So being able to control throttle and braking with my right hand would be ideal, as well I could modify the steering to do with my right thumb making it completely controlled from one hand. Do any lefty's have suggestions for a controller to use or modify?