RC poster

4s + 2650 + 17/40 = broken MIP

Well, I didn't expect the MIP front axle to break without crashing it. The cost of the pair make me sick.

RC Qualifier
    What is going on with MIP’s? El sob, check this one out.

Anyone? We need a recall. 4s should be not doing this. Not even close.

Very disappointing as I heavily supported MIP as my experience was so much better than those who have used them recently.

Oh and do realize because you bought MIP you can just buy a rebuild kit for much cheaper that replaces what you just broke. BUT IT STILL DOESNT EXCUSE WHY THIS SHOULD HAPPEN! It’s MIP not integy!
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-21-2019 at 08:14 AM. Reason: LANGUAGE

RC Qualifier
    Email them. Their customer service is great
    IG: @818sFastestRC
    Slash 4x4 138MPH

RC poster
    Thank you Peeeenuuutt and Miltdoggie. I will email them today.

RC Qualifier
    finally. You guys are starting to realize. MIP are not the super expensive undestructible axles you make them out to be. Yes, they are more durable than any other axle, but for the price it is not worth it.

RC Qualifier
    One or two broken axles and now mip axles are not good! Man some people just know it all.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    MIP seem nice. They also seem heavy. I ranted and raved about Tekno M6’s being strong and light. At the end of the day, with 4S in a 1/10 scale vehicle, abused on purpose for the fun of it; things break. I’ve broken a couple. They’re still awesome. This is not to say that the QC department has changed at MIP. The folks like El Sob that have had them for years drive pretty mildly. He’s posted videos, he doesn’t abuse his truck.
    MIP and Tekno both make great products. They’re never gonna last forever with an aggressive driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    MIP seem nice. They also seem heavy. I ranted and raved about Tekno M6’s being strong and light. At the end of the day, with 4S in a 1/10 scale vehicle, abused on purpose for the fun of it; things break. I’ve broken a couple. They’re still awesome. This is not to say that the QC department has changed at MIP. The folks like El Sob that have had them for years drive pretty mildly. He’s posted videos, he doesn’t abuse his truck.
    MIP and Tekno both make great products. They’re never gonna last forever with an aggressive driver.
    Yup, nothing lasts forever in our hobby. I love tekno m6 axles, couldn't keep them together on big power in my slash. You have to get to know your truck, know what it can take, when the breaking point is. Once this is figured out your truck will break a lot less. It's an expensive road, trust me I know, but now a days, I don't break my trucks without knowing it will happen. Usually I'm fixing what my kid or his friends break. The forces exerted on these fun little trucks are extreme! You'll learn what it can and can't take, after that you spend a more time driving and less time fixing.
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it