Thread: Impressive

RC Enthusiast

Impressive

I don't own a rustler but at our track I have been watching them run. They seem pretty impressive. They do much better against the Arrma Typhon 3S than I thought they would. They are sharp looking too.

RC poster
    I really enjoyed driving my Rustler 4x4 VXL with Pro-line Trencher at the local track.
    Jumps, speed and cornering were awesome.
    The lightly upgraded Rustler was right at home against a few upgraded Slash and Arrma.

Now I need to be a more constant driver...

RC Qualifier
    I personally have lots of problems with rollovers. I stiffened up the suspension, which gave it more height, but also it obviously helps with rolling, to have stiffer suspension. Any suggestions as to why this is? I did not change mounting positions either...

RC poster
    Hmm, I'm no setup expert. Currently i'm running Big Bore shocks on original mounting positions. The track was a "medium" grip hard-clay track. The Pro-Line Trencher SC are supposedly not the best for lateral traction so maybe it helped me drifting a little bit instead of rolling over ? Also, I will try the Hot Racing sway bar kit next time.

Quote Originally Posted by supern0va View Post
    Hmm, I'm no setup expert. Currently i'm running Big Bore shocks on original mounting positions. The track was a "medium" grip hard-clay track. The Pro-Line Trencher SC are supposedly not the best for lateral traction so maybe it helped me drifting a little bit instead of rolling over ? Also, I will try the Hot Racing sway bar kit next time.
    Just curious, but what tires would you suggest/recommend for a semi-hard packed dirt track?

~ Coming to you live, from somewhere on planet Earth.
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    Just curious, but what tires would you suggest/recommend for a semi-hard packed dirt track?

I always ran gladiators on my SCT's because it bites through on the days the track has a loose layer on top. If your truck is 10/10. Electrons will be good. Not sure if they make them in 2.8's though.

RC poster
    Forgot to say : My old Trencher SC tires are actually Slash tires. (Narrower compared to stock Rustler 4x4 tires)

Quote Originally Posted by supern0va View Post
    Forgot to say : My old Trencher SC tires are actually Slash tires. (Narrower compared to stock Rustler 4x4 tires)
    I've prefer to stick with wider tires for the track...just something that'll "hold" the Rusty to the track better than the stock tires.

RC Qualifier
    I have heard suprisingly that proline trenchers work well. They are bigger and heavier, so if u do not have upgraded driveshafts, expect to break some.

RC poster
    Are you racing the rustlers or just practice at the track?

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonMH View Post
    Are you racing the rustlers or just practice at the track?
    For me, right now it's just track practice...but, once my build-up is complete, I'm hoping to race.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    For me, right now it's just track practice...but, once my build-up is complete, I'm hoping to race.

I meant track being 10/10 by the way, not truck. Didnt realize auto correct did me there.

Quote Originally Posted by Peeeenuuutt View Post
    I meant track being 10/10 by the way, not truck. Didnt realize auto correct did me there.
    Track being 10/10? Not getting ya. Maybe it's my lack of sleep. Iworked an 18.5hr day yesterday, followed by 2hrs sleep, and, by the time I finish tonight, I'll have worked 16.5hrs today. Oh, how happy I'll be once this 5-day assignment is finished. Once this convention is over, I'll have work approx 70-75hrs over a 5-day period...and that's not counting the two days I worked before the 5-day event started, or the day I'm be working immediately following this 5-day.

RC Qualifier
    wow sorry man. hope you are getting a big fat paycheck by the end of this week lol

Quote Originally Posted by Luke s View Post
    wow sorry man. hope you are getting a big fat paycheck by the end of this week lol
    We get paid twice/mo. While today & tomorrow will be on the 2nd February check, the bulk of this 5-day event will be on the 1st February check...and, yes, it will be a "nice" one. Between the NADA event, and the NHL All-Star week, we've been kept extremely busy.