Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    RC Competitor

Spartan features

hi,
    i am going to purchase an brushless rc boat/racer soon. i live 2 mins away from a state park w/ a huge lake and thought now would be a good time to read up on some popular rc boats and get some info.

since i own 3 traxxas vehs and all 3 have never given me any problems and are top quality i figured traxxas would be a good place to start which brings me to the Spartan.

the most important feature (to me at least other than quality) is if the boat will "self-right" itself if a tip over happens. i used to own a fishing boat which would come in handy to retrieve the boat if it ever became disabled in the water but i sold so i was wondering if it self righted?

2nd, is there a function or an "alarm" to warn you of a low battery condition so it can be brought back to you if battery runs low?( i`m assuming the traxxas app along w/ the tqi will show low voltage)

the only other rc boat i have looked at so far is a Sonicwake from H.H. that self rights.

thanks for your opinion / info.

RC Qualifier
    I don't own the Spartan but I do own the DCB M41 and no they do not self right. I carry a little rubber dingy just incase and knock on wood I've never had to use it. I realize this isn't convenient for people without a truck unless you want to infate or deflate it if it's ever needed.
    I have the Traxxas link app so I set my low voltage cutoff at 3.7v per cell to allow for any hiccups or issues and it's been working well for us. You can also buy those little alarms that connect to your balance plug but I'm not sure how well they perform or if they are very accurate.
    Don't let the self righting get in the way of the purchase of one of these boats they are pretty awesome and as long as your not running in windy conditions or major chop on the water you shouldn't have any problem.

RC Competitor
    ok thanks. still gonna keep looking. but some of the reviews & home vids of the Spartan are awesome!
    i will look at DCB M41 in a bit.

RC Competitor
    Raindawg,
    was just reading about the M41. since you have been using this would you say this is not a boat for just "cruising" if i wanted to be easy with it? i ask this because i was looking at some home & official rc mag reviewer videos and it seems this boat only wants to go at high speeds. at cruising/slow speeds the front end want to bury itself under water until the throttle is punched. i guess because its front-end heavy? sure looks like a very fast boat! but sometimes i would just like to cruise around at slow speeds.

could you explain further about this please?

thanks!

RC Qualifier
    I find the opposite the nose rides a few inches high until you throttle up it is not nose heavy by any means and we run our batteries in the second slot from the nose about 2 inches from the front.
    It's not a problem for just cruising around at 15 to 20 mph if that's what you choose and I suggest if you get a chance or ones available at a LHS go in and check them both out stick 2 batteries in and see the balance for yourself it's not nose heavy and either one is going to suit your needs.

RC Competitor
    okay, its just from the vids they show the nose going under at slow speed.
    good deal! since you have run it first hand I`ll take your word for it.

have no local h.s. nearest one is in Pittsburgh, PA. 1.5 TO 2 HR. drive...not an option LOL!

thanks for your insight. If I have anything further, I`ll pm ya if that's ok?

RC Qualifier
    Not a problem I hope it works out for you. I sent you a pm.

My Spartan, is for me, a lot easier to run slower than my Cat or Hydro.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Competitor
    Just get new parts from"..... "

Lähetetty minun COL-L29 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

RC Competitor
    Next summer updates are "everything" more powerfull

Lähetetty minun COL-L29 laitteesta Tapatalkilla