Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    RC poster

Question „LiPo Guard“ fitting to Traxxas connections

Hi,

I need your swarm knowledge, please:

I’m looking for a so called „LiPo Guard“ fitting to Traxxas connections. Reason is that I drive my Summit on 2 x Savöx 1210 servos via a 3rd and so separate battery (2200mAh 7.4v 2-Cell LiPo) - in between with a Castle BEC 2.0 waterproof - you also can see on my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/c/FrankAlgermissen

The motor gets its power via 2 x 7600mAh 7.4v 2-Cell LiPos. To not stress my 3rd separate battery I want to prevent a „boom“ by an „LiPo Alarm/Guard“. Problem is the typical Traxxas connection.

Do you know about such a product? Any shop link maybe. Would help me very much. I don’t like to solder but prefer to get an „out of the box“ product. Thx for your help.

*Link removed due to Traxxas's policy on language*
    Last edited by iFranky; 01-23-2019 at 11:42 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I'm still not sure why you would need the third battery. I run 2 Hitec D955TW's in my Brushless Emaxx with the CC 2.0 Bec on 4s and by using the receiver bypass harness I have never had an issue and we get 45 to 50 minutes of run time.
    I run the Jumbo Kongs alot of the time and it never loses power and I set the CC2.0 bec at 6volts and this gives me around 670 oz. of torque.
    https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...rvos-and-tires

RC Champion
    Seems a bit overkill.. only place I seen a lipo guard/bec is advertised in the UK... what's wrong with a normal lipo alarm

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Let me make clear the construction for no misunderstandings: my Castle BEC ist powered by an SINGLE and SEPARATE battery! The Castle BEC is NOT connected/soldered to the Traxxas ESC!

Do you still think there is no need of a LiPo Cut Off? Honestly I ask myself how to make sure that the single and separate Traxxas battery won't get completely discharged?!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by iFranky View Post
    Let me make clear the construction for no misunderstandings: my Castle BEC ist powered by an SINGLE and SEPARATE battery! The Castle BEC is NOT connected/soldered to the Traxxas ESC!

Do you still think there is no need of a LiPo Cut Off? Honestly I ask myself how to make sure that the single and separate Traxxas battery won't get completely discharged?!
    I totally understood what you were doing and saying about the seperate battery and yes it would be benificial to have an alarm set to that single lipo battery that powers the bec. I'm not sure how you would go about it with the way Traxxas has the balance leads on their connectors and I'm not familiar with wether or not that could plug into the battery and check every so often or if it could some how be attached permanately.
    My question was why do you need a seperate battery to run your bec and the servos ? That is why I posted the link to the way I did mine and there is no power drain or worries about an extra battery just curious that's all.

RC poster
    That's why I need all your swarm knowledge ;-)

Well, very simple: I want to keep my guarantee of all Traxxas parts. When soldering any cable of my ESC or receiver or TRX batteries etc. it can get trouble. Therefor I wanted to get a "autonomous" system. The two Savox 1210 servos are very strong and need about 7,4V each. The ESC can only handle 6V. That's why I decided for the Castle BEC.

RC Champion
    Just use a different battery with proper balancing leads that u can plug a normal lipo alarm into.. battery that size is cheap..

I have never had a traxxas lipo they do not have balancing leads?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    Just use a different battery with proper balancing leads that u can plug a normal lipo alarm into.. battery that size is cheap..

I have never had a traxxas lipo they do not have balancing leads?

The balancing leads are integrated into the plug on the ID batteries.