RC poster

Parts and upgrades to have

As I get more into the hobby and as my dad, who I have also brought back into the hobby have told me, I need to think about changing up parts and getting spares. I havenít had anything break on my p4de... yet... obviously thatís a good thing but I want to have that happen so I know what I should just replace and what I should upgrade. Any recommendations? Iím looking at springs, driveline, anything. Tires are also very high on my list but I really need to get bigger hubs. Any help would be great. Thanks

RC poster
    Hey nerdboy, welcome!

There are countless threads that detail mods and also weak points on these trucks. But a few off the top of my head

-axles (if youre running lipo on the VXL models, youll run through them plenty)
    -I recommend MIP HD axles
    -tire/wheels, as the hex insert in the wheel can strip easily
    - I recommend Proline, but that is all I have bought myself and cannot speak to any other brand

Parts to keep on hand if you dont upgrade parts
    -axles, keep plenty
    -wheels/tires, keep a couple on hand for stripped hexes
    -batteries- because when you're having fun 2 just isnt enough
    -get good tools/1.5 2.0 and 2.5mm hex tools, not just allens. Try taking the truck apart with allen keys... It sucks, and your fingers/wrists will thank you in the end.

Other than that, everything in my experience has been very durable and run great without any upgrading thus far. The servos are pretty weak, so maybe eventually address that.

Most of all- go have fun! Dont be afraid to break stuff, its a blast to fix (for me) and it also lets you know your rigs weakspots.

Cheers

RC poster
    Awesome. Thank you very much. I have pretty much most of the tools, my dad was in the hobby for a long time. I’ll start looking for new axles. Are there any other things you have on your truck that you use? Thank you!

RC poster
    shocks too... when my pede 4x4 was stock, i would bust the end caps off a lot.

RC Champion
    Look into cost of the XO-1 drive axles vs. the MIPs. I have the XO-1s on my Pede 4x4 and they've held up really well! And that was with an 1/8-scale Castle system that I had in it for a while. Going through everything, today, to rebuild the diffs and shocks and saw that the axles are in great condition!
    Anti-Signature Users Unite!!!

Just remember, if you decide to go with the XO-1 CVDs, you'll also need to get the XO-1 steering knuckles & C-hubs (both for the front). I'm uncertain whether the rear XO-1 carriers are needed, or whether you can use the Stampede/Slash/Rusty aluminum carriers.

~ Coming to you live, from somewhere on planet Earth.
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better