RC Qualifier

Lipos doing worse in the cold than in when warm

Not only worse performance, but higher resistance... meaning esc works harder. Who knew? I sure didn't. And by higher resistance I'm talking a good 1/3 more resistance on one end and some other batteries more like 1/4 more resistance. And this is just comparing room temperature to 100 degrees, imagine freezing temps!

Golly! Freezing temps? I wish. How about a current -2 air temp and -23 wind chill where I live.
    The Super Derecho

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    I keep my spare lipos in my warm running car when bashing. Keep them warm up until you run them and your all good.

I have a nimh pack for my scaler to run in the cold. A 35t brushed motor doesn't pull enough amps to keep the lipos warm...
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Qualifier
    -23 degrees wow. I bet your batteries are like 10C before they heat up LoL

I don't run my vehicles in the winter. Everything is stored in an attached garage. Though I should pull all my batteries inside and cycle them. I have to believe the cold preserves them somewhat.
    The Super Derecho