RC Qualifier

XMaxx chain drive

Just installed my new chain drive rolls nice and smooth canít wait to drive it hopefully this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's pretty cool looking. What about a slipper clutch?
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    That's pretty cool looking. What about a slipper clutch?
    I never had the slipper this is the 8s version, you do lose the cush drive with this so its up to the center diff to soften the drive train impact.

Got-cha. I was wondering.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Glad to see people challenging the norm. You guys probably know I did the belt drive thing. Ultimately went back to better gears. The chain drive looks neat, interested to hear driving feedback.

RC Qualifier
    I wonder how the chain will handle 40,000 rpms.
    What is the plan to lube the chain? Motorcycle chain wax?
    Looks great. Good luck!!

RC Competitor
    What fan you using over your motor?
    Xmaxx 8S - Max 5 ē Leopard 58113 V2

Quote Originally Posted by scoobied77 View Post
    What fan you using over your motor?
    It's a big fan. Lowes had them on sale last week. I got one to cool off my kitchen when my wife's cooking. They work great.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 01-27-2019 at 05:45 AM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    It's a big fan. I think Billy took full advantage of the big "Presidents Day Sale" Lowes had last week. I did too, and that fan easily cools off my whole kitchen.
    Looks like a PC 60x60mm fan to me.
    Xmaxx 8S - Max 5 ē Leopard 58113 V2

RC Qualifier
    I picked s up some tri-flo lube itís supposed to be safe on plastics, Iím a motorcycle guy so thereís always a can of chain wax around so thatís an option as well.

The fan is just a basic 4in or 120mm pc fan I had one laying around but you can get them for like 5 bucks on eBay they are 12v so I wired it direct to one side of the battery connector, then just drill 4 holes in chassis brace and itís done. My motor has never broken 100. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F352444328587

RC Qualifier
    Dry lube works well for stuff like chains too.

RC Qualifier
    ran it today.
    The thing was flawless, smooth and quieter than it is with gears. its a 20/20 ratio and the motor and esc didnt even break a sweat.
    Im really happy with it.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Nice do you have a link to the parts?
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Nice do you have a link to the parts?
    Thereís a guy on a Facebook page called ďall day RCĒ he sells them all set up with various ratios.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by billyg900 View Post
    Thereís a guy on a Facebook page called ďall day RCĒ he sells them all set up with various ratios.

Same guy who sells the grossly overpriced belt drive system.

RC Qualifier
    yea definitely the parts could be had for much less but I figure he thought of it and did all the foot work and testing so it doesn't bother me to shell out. Plus the thing works so good

RC Enthusiast
    ran it today.
    The thing was flawless, smooth and quieter than it is with gears. its a 20/20 ratio and the motor and esc didnt even break a sweat.
    Im really happy with it.
    I'm very interested to know more about this . Would like to hear more about it after you've run it a few times. Good job!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I enjoyed the novelty of the alternative systems. However they are just that, a novelty, and donít change the performance of the vehicle. Bulky pulleys and chains canít match the performance of gears. Upgraded gears are the way to go if you ask me. The belt drive was quieter, and looked neat, but in the end wasnít worth it. This post is not a knock on others, just what I experienced when going down this road. The pulleys all day RC sells are the same I bought. You need too much belt tension to make it usable. I developed hot spots at the input shaft bearings.

RC Qualifier
    definitly Novelty type stuff.

I like it just to have something different, I mean 90% of the stuff on hot racing or integy site is novelty stuff but it doesnt keep me from putting a nice shiny set of aluminum a-arms on my slash even though thats like the last thing you should put on a basher.

I was going to try belt drive until your thread about the tension you have to keep on the belt convinced me that wasnt the way i wanted to go.

so far this thing looks good but lets face it one run isn't enough to crown it, so we will see. the two sprockets and chain are same weight or lighter than my 44t steel spur.

its also not the first time chain or belt drive is used in rc, the original Kyosho mad crusher is chain drive and there are countless rc using belt drive

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    definitly Novelty type stuff.

I like it just to have something different, I mean 90% of the stuff on hot racing or integy site is novelty stuff but it doesnt keep me from putting a nice shiny set of aluminum a-arms on my slash even though thats like the last thing you should put on a basher.

I was going to try belt drive until your thread about the tension you have to keep on the belt convinced me that wasnt the way i wanted to go.

so far this thing looks good but lets face it one run isn't enough to crown it, so we will see. the two sprockets and chain are same weight or lighter than my 44t steel spur.

its also not the first time chain or belt drive is used in rc, the original Kyosho mad crusher is chain drive and there are countless rc using belt drive
    Novelty as in it looks cool but has no obvious performance advantage. Donít get me wrong, I really like it and didnít mean my comment as a dig in any way. I really like folks doing different things. Iím curious about your run times and speed. Also Iíd love to hear it running.