RC Enthusiast

mamba X esc fan not turning on

hey, my mamba x fan hasnt been turning on, long story short, i was dirving my rustler in the street, this guys car comes, i thought it was clear to go, i go, my car gets squished, BUT luckily no motor damage happend, i am concerned part of my esc got squashed and the fan isnt turning on, when its supposed to. i ordered a new fan, installed it, and ive been pushing my rustler hard. my motor is a 3800kv with 31/76 gearing. i also have castlelink bluetooth adapter hooked up as well. is thats whats causing it?

i do speed runs mainly.

RC Qualifier
    It depends on if the ESC is getting hot enough for the fan to come or if it had the ability to do this with a thermistor of sorts. If not then the fan should stay on all the time. Not sure which type fan setup you have. But I would venture to say if the fan isnít coming on that it is either an ESC power issue or your esc isnít getting hot enough for it to come on.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Iíll say 222 has a good point. But with a 3800 geared 31/76, the motor and esc are plenty hot. Have you used a temp gun to verify this?

RC Enthusiast
    Yes i monitor temps all the time, they get to 120 to150į motor cutoff is at 170. I feel when that when my esc is hot its oveeheating, should i be concerned? I know the fan is supposes to prevent overheating

RC Enthusiast
    What are your thoughts

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by colin2148 View Post
    What are your thoughts
    My thought would be if my car got ran over and some or all of it was damaged, Iíd fix it. I donít think escís are really made serviceable for end users. Iíd just get another.

Does it turn on for a few seconds when you first turn it on? Also, the fans are replaceable. Make sure none of the blades are broken or debris in the shroud.
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Enthusiast
    So i called castle, and im getting a replacement esc, i talked to my buddy at the hobby shop, it wss only getting some voltage, half, and apparently part of the circuit board is gone, or the wiring is toast.