RC poster

Reciever gone bad?

Hey there fellas, I've got an e-revo 1/16. A few weeks ago when I were taking it out for a spin, I lost control over the car after about 15 feet and I don't know that is causing this. Any thoughts?

RC Qualifier
    I'd check that your transmitter has good batteries. Swap them out and try. Could be a loose cyrstal if u got one in there. Check with rx wire on car.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    I've checked my transmitter and changed the batteries also re linked the transmitter and reciever and can't still get furthur than 15 feet. I will probably buy a new reciever and see if that helps.

RC Qualifier
    I have a failing reciever as well. Not fun.

RC Racer
    What model receiver do you have? Is the the end of antenna on receiver damaged?

RC poster
    I honestly don't know if the antenna is damaged but it looks like when i bought it.

RC Racer
    In this thread it shows what TQ antenna should look like. HORRIBLE-range. A cut antenna wire makes a big difference in range.

RC poster
    Thank you for the advice i now see that it is damaged on the tip. my antenna ends at the metal peac
    e but on the picure you sent it is supposed to be some more. Do you know if there is a whay to fix it?

RC Racer
    Some have stripped the black outer covering back to expose inner wire about 32mm. The wire is like coax tv cables. In that thread they say how they repaired it, also Here shows with pictures. If I needed to repair mine like your damaged antenna I would cut metal piece off and then strip black outer cover back.